Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tenderloin and squash

Options
Sous vide pork tenderloin rubbed with Head Country. Seared on the egg. To 135...the best I've ever done. 

Twist on squash. (spaghetti)  Sliced and cut the center out. Grilled for a while and then into a baking dish drizzled with a maple syrup, butter and rub mix. Outstanding. The skin is tough so I'll peel the squash or just remove it at the table. 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Use the SV for pork tenderloin quite a bit myself... love the consistent doneness it produces.

Where do you get your seedless squash?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Looks spectacular Uncle Apple. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks great Tony!  Does the sous vide make a huge difference on end product?  The Head Country rub is legit!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Looks great Tony!  Does the sous vide make a huge difference on end product?  The Head Country rub is legit!
    Sorry to jump in but... for me, the benefit of the SVing pork tenderloin is getting consistent doneness throughout the entire piece of meat; hard to do with just straight grilling.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth.... Just cut the center out. 
    @NPHuskerFL... I believe so but every one is different. Sher bear doesn't care for tenderloin but even she liked it. Yes, the Head Country is spot on. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Every time I think that you've forgotten how to cook, you throw down something like this. Good stuff.

Deets on the SV tenderloin?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I bought a SV on Prime day and have yet to use it. This might be a good trial run. How long and what temp on the tenderloin?
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited August 2015
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    I bought a SV on Prime day and have yet to use it. This might be a good trial run. How long and what temp on the tenderloin?
    Lot's of online resources available for times and temps. Here is one.

Options
    minniemoh said:
    I went 130 for around 1.5 hours. To me it shines on steaks...but the tenderloin was great. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Uncle Apple, not trying to hijack but I'm trial running a test with spaghetti squash myself. Going to stuff them with the same seafood stuffing that I stuff the chickens with. Hope it turns out.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Good looking meal, Tony. Been using lots of Head Country thanks to you. 
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
     :o  Is that H2O instead of PBR?? The world is going to hell I tell ya.   :s  

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.