Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Often Do You Use The Egg For Dinner

Options
I'm guessing my stove/oven has not seen any action for 5 months and most likely will not be used until the snow starts flying in Dec/Jan. I'm not a breakfast person and I am not home for lunch. Cooking inside on the stove just doesn't produce the same taste as on the Egg.

Comments

• KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    I egg about 4 to 5 times a week. Breakfast is egged on the weekends for frittatas.
    XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    4-5 times a week. 

@KSwoll, can I get a pic of those?
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Just got mine set up, but I have cooked 3 meals since Tuesday. See plenty more in the works.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    5 nights a week average. The other two are leftovers or dinner out. My oven burner shorted out a few weeks ago. Haven't missed it.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    4-5 times a week. 

@KSwoll, can I get a pic of those?

XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    Nice!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited August 2015
    Options
    As infrequently as possible. Love the food, hate to cook. So, I cook a bunch and eat til it runs out. Then, I do it again. Made chicken salad from the last chicken breast I egged a week or so ago. Been eating it for three days. Tonight, I finished it off. Tomorrow, I'll have to cook again. :frowning: 

Oh, and NEVER 
    breakfast.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Whenever I am home, the egg is the only thing we cook on. Last month or so my travel schedule has been hectic, so I think maybe 2x/ week. This last week was every day.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    You'll laugh, but I remodeled my kitchen about 5 years ago - including a new stainless steel gas range that has never been hooked up.  During the remodel I cooked outdoors and have never stopped.  I have absolutely no desire to cook indoors now.
    Phoenix 
  • golfguyjosh
    Options
    I will use the stove a lot while using the Egg. Prep work, veggies are on the stove unless I can fit them on the egg which is almost never. I need to get 2 more eggs for my adventures. I am cooking on it 4-5  nights a week. 
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    3-4 nights a week for me. I'd be eating totally egged food if not for my picky SWMBO. Doesnt do leftovers well. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I am on the road a lot for work so 1 to 2 times per week is what I'm averaging are usually that includes leftovers so number of meals is higher
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    5 days a week and have withdrawals when traveling !
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    3-5x per week not including demos :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    What does flying snow have to do with it? :grin: 

4-7 nights a week.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I haven't used the oven in 4 years. Not once. Something is wrong with it and it's been 4 years since we bought the house. No reason when you have an egg 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I use my egg 3-5 times a week. I still use the oven/range daily (gotta reheat leftovers somehow and the microwave ain't happenin)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Almost every night.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    For me it depends on my workload, I try to do 2 weekend cooks, but right now I'm going to be doing 6 days a week and I won't be egging as frequently.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    3-4 on average....maybe 5-6 if not traveling for work.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i dont eat dinner on weekdays, breakfast and lunch and lunch usually is leftovers or something quick off the egg like a burger or thin chops or something woked. weekends dinner with leftovers for breakfast would come from the egg.  i can tell you though that the first few years with the egg i didnt miss to many dinners off the egg, it was practically every night
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Daily...if you let inclement weather stop you suggest you turn in you Egg...lol
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    edited August 2015
    Options
    2-3 times. I usually do a big cook on Sunday for lunches & leftovers, then cook 2-3 more times during the week to mix it up.

I use the gas stove indoors for breakfast only - and that's just for my son's scrambled eggs. And just until I get the outdoor griddle going I'm sure...
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • leeman13
    leeman13 Posts: 30
    Options
    About 2 on a good week. I'm envious of everyone saying 4-5 days... where do you find the time!?
    -lee.
    LBGE in Waterloo, ON
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Pretty much everytime we eat dinner at home, unless it is leftovers.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    3-4 times a week. Work schedule keeps getting in the way, so SWMBO kicks in on the other night. We grill year round since getting the eggs.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I'd say, on average, 3 days per week. I never use my oven anymore. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    If I'm home and there aren't leftovers, the egg is cooking something. Been gone a good bit lately though...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I'm in the 5-7 day camp.  My oven works as a warming drawer Sun thru Sun and cooks quiche or frittatas on Sun mornings and an occasional tater tot. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.