Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bluetooth enabled thermometers

Options
I have used a Thermapen instant read thermometer for several years with my BGE. I'am considering buying a Cappec wireless Bluetooth enabled unit for long cooks/smoking. Has anyone used one and if so would you recommend buying one?

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I have used a Thermapen instant read thermometer for several years with my BGE. I'am considering buying a Cappec wireless Bluetooth enabled unit for long cooks/smoking. Has anyone used one and if so would you recommend buying one?
    Haven't even heard of one. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Just did a search on it. Does it only have a one probe capability? If so, you might want to look at the iGrill mini to compare. The price seems similar. For a little more than the iGrill mini, the iGrill 2 is capable of using four probes simultaneously. I use the iGrill 2. I have mixed opinions on it but it meets my needs for the most part. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Reviews on Amazon are mixed. The problem with Bluetooth is that it can be very finicky depending what the signal has to travel thru so depending on your house the range may be sufficient or it may not work two feet inside your door. You won't know until you get one and find out.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk