Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sad day.... XL for sale.

Options
If anyone is looking to add to their collection... I have an XL for sale. I hate to sell it, but it isn't getting much action anymore. Find myself not taking the time to use it like I should. I'm keeping my Small... FOREVER!  :)

Here is the link to the Craigslist add:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/spo/5163275769.html

Thanks for looking!

SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    I hope it's a "win-win" at the close of the deal. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    That's a solid price. Good luck to you. 
  • golfguyjosh
    Options
    If you would of been selling this two weeks ago I would of taken it off your hands when I was in Hotlanta.... DANGIT
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    I'll never get the crowd that refuses to use the XL for small cooks. I've cooked as little as a steak and some veggies on mine. Once you shut down the airflow there is plenty of lump left for the next cook. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Just my two cents. If you don't need the money, keep it. You never know when you will need space for a cook and I guarantee within a week or two of it being gone someone will need you to make something.

You've got a bunch invested in it unless you seriously don't think you will get any use out of it at all
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • A5firearms
    A5firearms Posts: 163
    Options
    PM sent
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • greeneggazy
    Options
    If you would through in the cost of shipping,...
    Here in AZ an XL would sell quickly and for more than your price. I agree that if you don't need the money it is well worth the space. Good luck.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    ...but keeping the pellet smoker?

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Options
    Hey guys... thanks for all the comments and interest.

@SMITTYtheSMOKER - Yes sir. I realize this probably isnt the place to spout the praises of a pellet smoker, but I love my Yoder. The biggest plus side of it, is that it is easy. So easy, the wife can turn it on and off. That isn't the case with my Eggs. I love smoking with lump... but sometimes, its nice to have some backup if I'm running late.  :)
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• meturncl
    meturncl Posts: 51
    Options
    Are you located in jasper, al?   
    Geaux Tigers

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    With all the accessories you are including, I'd say that's a fair price.

If you decide you want to part out the AR and are willing to ship, send me a PM.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Well i have to admit I agree. I would keep it. At least until the newness wears off the pellet smoker. I think you will kick yourself on this one
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Gonna be hard to grill 15 burgers on that pellet smoker....
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I wouldn't ship it. $100 says something will crack. I've seem Large Domes packed....bubbles, popcorn, paper, strapping, etc. Didn't make it. 

How old is the XL?

i'm in ATL and curious. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have an XL. The only time in my life I made a decision worth a nickel was to buy the XL instead of the L.
    unless you are running out of room, keep it. 
    Best of luck either way.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Mud Pig said:
    I'll never get the crowd that refuses to use the XL for small cooks. I've cooked as little as a steak and some veggies on mine. Once you shut down the airflow there is plenty of lump left for the next cook. 

Ditto.  I have used the XL for as little as a SINGLE hot dog. (actually, I could have cooked it over the weber chimney - but didn't).  not sure about the pellet stuff as they need to use some binder to hold the pellets together. One reason I stick with lump charcoal and real wood chunks for doing my smoking.