Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter Pizza

Options
Bacon cheeseburger pizza done on the PS. I used fire bricks beneath the PS to block the direct radiant heat from the PS. Turned out good. 

Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Man that looks good. Just finished first egg cook and pizza is next on the list.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nice changeup pitch. Looks great!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Nice changeup pitch. Looks great!
    Thanks. The bottom pic is supposed to be a GIF of bubbling cheese, but I can't ever get them to post. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks good stem cell!   My plate setter is so filthy I stick with the stone.  But this shows the creativity of Macgyvering stuff in your egg to cook whatever you want.
    Options
    Looks good stem cell!   My plate setter is so filthy I stick with the stone.  But this shows the creativity of Macgyvering stuff in your egg to cook whatever you want.
    Thanks. Burning OO(last bag) and Rockwood keep it clean. I've been too cheap to get a stone and am afraid if I keep using my pampered chef stone for pizza it's going to break. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    You did awesome on that one. Nice job. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    What a great idea! Never thought to do it that way but the crust looks none the worse for using the platesetter. 
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Great idea and the pizza looks incredible.  What did you use for sauce?  Looks like a mayo mustard blend? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Nice!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Great idea and the pizza looks incredible.  What did you use for sauce?  Looks like a mayo mustard blend? 
    Burgerville sauce. It's a popular fast food restaurant in the PNW. We picked some up this summer on vacation. It is a mayo mustard blend with relish and a bunch of other stuff. 

Steven
    Banner, Wyoming