Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5 Full Racks Turbo Style

Options
I did 5 rull racks on the BGE Turbo style this past Sunday.  These were rubbed with Dizzy Dust and mustard.  Done at 2 hours at 350 indirect.  I was moving the 3 racks around on the bottom.  There really is 3 racks there!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Those look WONDERFUL!!!
  • n00b
    n00b Posts: 35
    Options
    @fiver29 what did you use to elevate your second grate?
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    They look great, how did it compare to Low and Slow?

Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    looks great.

@YYZegger I can't speak for OP but I did my first true turbo spares a couple weeks ago and the only difference (other than not standing around all day) was that the ends had a tendency to blacken and dry out.  it's always a risk if they overhang the edges of the indirect set-up, but in this case it was aggravated by the higher heat flowing up the sides of the egg.  still, i would say otherwise no difference, and possibly as good or better.

next time i will just pull the tips in a bit more or foil them at a certain point
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    @noob it's a grid extender I bought from someone here on the forum maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I don't remember who that was. 

As for drying out the ends. I did have a couple ends dry out. But I rotate them 1 hour in and the racks on top seem to have less of a dry end problem. Overall most ends come out just fine. If it bothered me I'd foil all the ends 1 hour into it. Maybe next time I'll try that for kicks to see how they turn out. 

Compared to low and slow. I think these come out better because they develop more bark than low and slow. I really like the bark!

Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    @fiver29, that is a great looking bark and super smoke ring!
    Drooling! 

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    Actually, the ribs in the picture is one of the ends.  It was pretty moist.
    Strongsville, Ohio