Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thin cut Greek style pork chops

Options
My third cook since I got the egg just went down. I marinated the veggies (onions, red/green/ & yellow bell peppers, 2 kinds of mushrooms & zucchini) the same way I did the pork chops...  in olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and a ton of lemon juice (traditional Greek marinade).

Here are the veggies marinating after the marathon of chopping:

Here are the thin cut (1/2") chops marinating:

On the Egg (450 direct):

And the finished plate (added feta cheese to the veggies):

Paired it all with a fantastic Bourbon Barrel Stout:

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks fantastic-

Greensboro, NC
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That looks wonderful! Thanks for posting... another cook for my bucket list. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Looks gorgeous -  both veggies and chops. 

My thin-medium pork chops on the egg  or in the skillet have always turned out too hard.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Looks great. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I'd be all over that. Even the veggies.  =)
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    All looks phenomenal!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great job!  Looks delicious!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I'd be all over that. Even the veggies.  =)

+1.

Does your forum name suggest that you are a football fan?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Great looking cook. That beer sounds amazing.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Panathinaikos55
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments.  They tasted just a good for lunch today!  

One note on the veggies... the mushrooms took an a ton of smokey flavor (yumm), and after sitting for a few minutes before I ate, the Feta cheese melted into the veggies and made them even tastier.

@foghorn - I have been known to enjoy the game from time to time :)

@griffin - the beer is awesome.  A nice Imperial Stout aged in old bourbon barrels.  Heavy bourbon taste, and a bit sweet as well with heavy chocolate & caramel flavor.  High alcohol content @ 11%.  Made by New Holland Brewing Company in Michigan.  You have to try it if you're a beer and bourbon fan!

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Would love to try it if I could find it down here. I made a version of a bourbon barrel porter by adding charred oak chips to my fermenter. One of the best beers I've ever brewed. Still have 3 bottles of it aging going on about a year and half now. The other 45 are gone. Should have waited as it keeps getting better the longer it sits.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Foghorn
    Options
    So, all I have to say to get you riled up is OLYMPIACOS!

Or AEK!

?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Panathinaikos55
    Options
    Hahaha.  It doesn't get me too fired up.  My dad is a big Olympiacos fan (he grew up going to their games).  I probably watch more of their games than PAO's actually.  He control's the TV at his house where I have to go watch them on the Dish.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Cool.  I have never watched a Greek league game - just a couple of games with Greek teams when they play in the Champions League. 

We're toying with the idea of going to the Euro's in France next year.

There are a few of us on here that follow the sport such that we had a pretty good thread about it during the World Cup last year.

Welcome aboard.

San Antonio, TX