Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Edit --

Options
mahenryak
mahenryak Posts: 1,324
edited August 2015 in Off Topic
Edit: Never mind....
LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I may catch heat for this but I have fallen out of love with my kick ash basket. I'm back to my Hi-que
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• mahenryak
    Options
    grege345 said:
    I may catch heat for this but I have fallen out of love with my kick ash basket. I'm back to my Hi-que
    Not from me you sure won't.  I have the Hi-que as well.  Good product to be sure.

• Chief9
    Chief9 Posts: 141
    Options
    What did you not like??  Just received mine for our large, haven't cooked with it yet. 
    Carrollton, Va
  • grege345
    Options
    @Chief9 so its like this, every time i "shake that ash" the little pieces work their way to the bottom and clog the holes. Don't get me wrong its nice to be able to pull the coals out with one swoop but what good is it if I have dump the coals out. It's just not as simple as shake that ash. I'm over the experiment

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Are you shaking it inside the egg @grege345 ? I shake into a small metal trash can. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I never tried the Kick Ash Basket, but I love my hi que grates and will never go back to not using them. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    grege345 said:
    every time i "shake that ash" 
    http://youtu.be/7yAgCXKxAMY

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• grege345
    Options
    Are you shaking it inside the egg @grege345 ? I shake into a small metal trash can. 
    I do shake it over a coal can but the bits shake down  and trap themselves in the grates. There is no doubt the the ash shakes out but thats not the problem. like with the stock grate the little bits choking the holes is the culprit 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    grege345 said:
    I do shake it over a coal can but the bits shake down  and trap themselves in the grates. There is no doubt the the ash shakes out but thats not the problem. like with the stock grate the little bits choking the holes is the culprit 
    Are you using the KAB on top of grate?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    mahenryak said:
    I'm not going to lie, I'm bored and have nothing else to do so I typed this. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Not kick ash, but there is a basket in there.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • mahenryak
    edited August 2015
    Options
    SGH said:
    mahenryak said:
    I'm not going to lie, I'm bored and have nothing else to do so I typed this. 
    Sorry, @SGH I started this thread in the spirit of starting an interest list for Kick Ash Basket for KJ Jr and since received an Email from Chad, of KAB, indicating it's on it's way.   This kind of made my point moot.   I'm going to start a new thread on this point to clarify.

• mahenryak
    Options
    @DoubleEgger this is what I do, too, and I think it works well.