Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time using Tipo 00

So after seeing all the rave reviews of using Tipo 00 flour for pizza, I finally broke down and ordered 2kg of it. I use the "Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day" method for pizza dough. I make my own pizza sauce from canned crushed tomatoes, and shred Sorrento low moisture mozzarella.

Fired up the egg around 650, plate setter legs down, pizza stone on top with Egg feet as spacers. This one took longer than I expected. Usually at that temp, the crust is charred within 2 minutes, but this one took about 5. I may try to raise the stone higher in the dome next time.

Just before I pulled it off.

I am very critical of my own food (There's always something I would've done slightly different...), but I told my wife, and she agreed, that this is the best pizza I have ever eaten. Thanks for the recommendations guys!
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs

Comments