Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Long weekend - egg won't get a chance to cool down

Options
A trip to St. Lawrence market yesterday with intentions to pick up a pork butt for my BIL's BBQ, and ended up with lamb shanks, chicken wings, a double cut wild boar chop, and the pork butt of course! Busy long weekend ahead. Here's the plan:

- sous vide lamb shanks with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. Will drop it in the bath shortly, ready for a Monday lunch. 

- reverse sear wild boar double chop. Will go around 250 until 135 IT, so I can get a long hot sear to climb to 145 (we don't like pink pork). Haven't decided on sides yet, but this might just end up being a Saturday evening snack. Shaved a lot of the fat and will render down and use for searing the chop on my CI griddle. 

- chicken wings were air drying overnight and will go on today indirect at 300 with honey hog. Then will pull the plate setter for last few minutes to crisp up and sauce. 

- pork Burt at 250 with cherry and apple for smoke. Will just let it ride until 200, no plans to foil. 

Some early prep pics. Will post as the weekend progresses. 

Ajax, ON Canada
(XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)

Comments