Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No egg on vacation, Pizza for breakfast (Pic heavy)

Options
Cookinbob
Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
We are wrapping up a week at a riverfront home on the coast of Maine (which is a great place to spend a week).  Decided to do some Breakfast pizzas to use up some of the things in the fridge (Bacon, Cheddar, Blueberries, Ricotta, peppers, and more.  My son brought his baking steel, on which he has mastered the art of pizza.  His technique in the oven is to cook at 500  on a well preheated steel, then switch over to the broiler for the last minute to really sear the top - works great.  

First one was traditional with eggs, bacon, cheese, red jalapenos and red onion.

For "dessert", it was a lemon ricotta cream topped with blueberries, blueberry syrup, and maple syrup made from trees he tapped in his own property (he had 130 gallons of sap he cooked down.

These were his cook, I just assisted with the prep work.  
Just awesome.  I will be repeating this on the Egg!
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments