Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Taco's

Options
still have a few back straps in the freezer, so thawed a couple out for taco's. Seasoned with red eye express and seared about 600 degrees for few minutes each side. Made a little board sauce with butter, olive oil, and sea salt. Quick easy supper. 

Little Rock, AR

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother, that looks insane. I would hurt myself on that. Outstanding cook.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Damn man. Nicely done!!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Man, I'd kill that.  Outf'nstanding
    Helluva way to make freezer space! 
    Quick and easy done right.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SGH
    Options
    I especially liked this one. This will make a fat boy act like a fool.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Wow!!! I would tear that up!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    It was so tender, you couldnt tell it was deer. I forget just how good it can be. Most people I know wrap theirs in bacon ( and Im a bacon lover) but that just kills the taste to me. If you clean those backstraps really good and get all the silverskin off its as good as most steaks. 

Little Rock, AR

• Focker
    Options
    Couldn't agree more.  Seems like a Dale's soak is another favorite flavor killer.  Eating properly prepared backstrap, thanks to my brother, started my whitetail fever. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• SGH
    Options
    If you clean those backstraps really good and get all the silverskin off its as good as most steaks. 
    This^^^^^^^^^ 100%.

Status- Standing by.

• Focker
    Options
    SGH said:

Yep, dear meat curtains. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Focker said:
    SGH said:

Yep, dear meat curtains. 
    Damn, now that takes it to a whole new direction. 

Little Rock, AR

• Doc's_Spouse
    Options
    Awesome cook! I have a backstrap in my freezer.
  • SGH
    Options
    Focker said:
    Yep, dear meat curtains. 
    Indeed sir^^^^^^^^^^. I'm telling you I would hurt myself on that!!

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Well my wife sure enjoyed it. She overate. Now just laying here miserable. 

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    She overate. 
    I'm proud of her^^^^^^^. I do it all of the time myself.  

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'd tear that up....looks great!
    edited July 2015
    Options
    And that deer didnt have a collar and was shot in the daytime during legal shooting hours and season...........

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    was shot in the daytime.............
    How do those taste? I haven't had a day dweller in over 30 years. I can tell you without question or doubt that their nocturnal twins are outstanding ;)

Status- Standing by.

• leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    Nice I just made deer fajitas tonight but they weren't too great.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    How did you do them?

Little Rock, AR

• nolaegghead
    Options
    And that deer didnt have a collar and was shot in the daytime during legal shooting hours and season...........
    For the record, I'm totally cool with responsible hunting, provided it's not on the endangered or threatened species list.  Love me some bambi.
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Arent you also a very experienced coon hunter?  And I absolutely love deer hunting. My wife and kids all love the meat. We dont waste it. I spend a LOT of time in the woods and get to spend many hours with both boys doing so. Quality time. My 7 year old killed his first deer last year. He was so excited. I was poking fun with my post about the lion story, but I could never shoot something I wouldnt eat. I do have quite a collection of deer heads and horns, but the meat certainly isnt wasted. We also enjoy rabbit, dove, and turkey. I like squirrels but havent gotten the family turned on to that yet. But squirrel and dumplings is a pretty damn good meal. 

Little Rock, AR

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Hahaha....I shot a coon a few days ago.  With a paintball gun.  I'd probably hunt deer but there aren't many around here.  I have friends that will hunt all season and they're lucky to shoot one deer.   I've shot my share of pests.  Fishing is my bag.  Sounds like I need to come to your house for dinner!
    Options
    Good stuff, thank you.  I am going to try the same thing with some elk I still have in the freezer.
    Houston, Texas
    Large, MiniMax, and another Large.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Hahaha....I shot a coon a few days ago.  With a paintball gun.  I'd probably hunt deer but there aren't many around here.  I have friends that will hunt all season and they're lucky to shoot one deer.   I've shot my share of pests.  Fishing is my bag.  Sounds like I need to come to your house for dinner!
    We have a ton of deer in south arkansas. They dont get too big but there are plenty of them. Typically see at least 6-8 every time you go sit on a stand. Most of the time its more like 12-15 early in the season before all the idiots start blasting away. 

Little Rock, AR

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Damn, Boy!! Outstanding!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings