Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Q39

Options
Ladeback69
Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
Well my in-laws always take me out for my birthday, but this year my wife was sick so we don't get to go out tell tonight.  We tried out the new BBQ joint Q39 in Kansas City.  The food was off the hook.  We got there for happy hour and ribs and chicken wings were on the menu.  Ok I make a good rib, but THESE THINGS WERE THE BOMB and those were the best wings ever.  Mother in law ordered some burnt ends and I ordered the Judges Trio, quick was brisket, pulled pork and sauage.  The beans, cole slaw and onion straws were good, but nothing special.  If you come to town I highly recommend it, but plan on a wait list unless you get there early.
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    So, did everyone look at you like a freak taking pics of your plate?

happy Birthday!
  • Jaime
    Jaime Posts: 87
    Options
    Looks like a great place.  Good inlaws to boot.  Glad your wife is better too.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks like my kind of place, I don't get to K.C. often. What part of town is it in?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    Looks like my kind of place, I don't get to K.C. often. What part of town is it in?
    It's on 39th St west of SW trafficway.  Southwest of downtown.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Ladeback69
    Options

So, did everyone look at you like a freak taking pics of your plate?

happy Birthday!
    Not really.  Didn't use a flash and know one was sitting next to us at the time.  The new LG G4 is awesome.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Ladeback69
    Options

Jaime said:

Looks like a great place.  Good inlaws to boot.  Glad your wife is better too.
    She is thank you and the food is great.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    I'm very much on board with this! In my new job I get to cover KC (as well as most of the rest of the midwest) so I've been exploring a lot of BBQ joints everywhere I go. Each city and town has it's hotspots but all things being equal Q39 is probably my favorite. I'd put Joe's at a pretty close second in KC but Q39 would get the nod. Later this year I'll trael down to Austin for the first time and plan to wait out Franklin, just to have done it once...

Congrats on what looks like an awesome time @Ladeback69, glad you all had a good time. I somewhat disagree about the onion straws (which I realize are not traditional BBQ fare but are REALLY good) but other than that we're right on the same page dude.

Cheers -
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    I'm very much on board with this! In my new job I get to cover KC (as well as most of the rest of the midwest) so I've been exploring a lot of BBQ joints everywhere I go. Each city and town has it's hotspots but all things being equal Q39 is probably my favorite. I'd put Joe's at a pretty close second in KC but Q39 would get the nod. Later this year I'll trael down to Austin for the first time and plan to wait out Franklin, just to have done it once...

Congrats on what looks like an awesome time @Ladeback69, glad you all had a good time. I somewhat disagree about the onion straws (which I realize are not traditional BBQ fare but are REALLY good) but other than that we're right on the same page dude.

Cheers -
    B_B

The onion straws were good, but greasy.  That comment was more from my wife's review.  I think I will need to go a few more times to try them again along with the other food.  It was nice to go out and finally have BBQ better then I could cook.  I haven't been to Joe's in a long time.

Let me next time you are in town, maybe I could join you and we could talk about BBQ and the Egg.

Kansas City, Mo.