Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Band Alignment Spacers

Options
I've heard the new eggs come with a set of spacers to help with aligning the band spacing.
I plan to install a Rutland gasket soon. Is the spacing the same with only the Rutland on the bottom and no gasket on the dome as recommended?
Will the spacers help with the alignment after the new gasket is installed or should I just do it the old fashon way?

Comments

• jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    edited July 2015
    Options
    After installing the Rutland I definitely needed to readjust the bands on my XL.  I tried not adjusting first and there was quite a bit of a leak coming from the back left and back right.  After adjusting the bands again there's almost no leak.

If you don't have the spacers I'd just check with your egg dealer to see if they'll give you some.  I bet they deliver and put together so many eggs they have a bunch extra.  Or at least a set that they'd let you borrow.

Edit - I've only ever known adjusting with spacers so I don't know what you mean by the old fashion way.  The spacers seem pretty idiot proof though.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    What @jimithing said. We have a bunch of them. They are definitely a great tool for the alignment of the dome.