Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Getting Spam on My Wall Again

I am getting spam advertisements for watches on my wall again from @oasscodain.  Sent an email to the Webmaster at BGE.  They took care of it last time.  Anyone else getting them?

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Not here.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    edited July 2015
    I'm getting spam from @iammidonn it doesn't actually say anything though. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    If you do a clean burn will you get the Spam off of the wall?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    edited July 2015
    lkapigian said:
    If you do a clean burn will you get the Spam off of the wall?
    I needed that today.  Thank you.   =)

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I'm getting spam from this jack off. 
    http://eggheadforum.com/profile/etabenellhenr

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @SGH - some other idiot is posting on your wall!  What a jack off.
    Yes, I did also. First flag this crap!  Then you can delete this garbage off your wall. Not sure about on a PC but, on mobile view hover over the dialog and a "x" will appear click onto the "x" and it'll ask you are you sure you want to do that? Click okay and you're done. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    You are killing me ;)
    I don't mind if it's a jack off that I know. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    We once had a security guard at work named Jack. They had a white board in the security office and every day, his female supervisor would write on the board the names of those who had the day off. One day she wrote, "Jack off today." Neither ever heard the end of it. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ladeback69
    SGH said:
    You are killing me ;)
    I don't mind if it's a jack off that I know. 
    I agree and it was food related not trying to sell me a watch.  @nolaegghead ;)

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Yes, you can delete it off the wall on a PC by hitting the "X", but it's still on your notification page.  And, if there is something in the spam that sets off your virus protection, it's a pain in the posterior until it's fallen to page two or lower.  As a temp fix, I bookmarked every thread on the first page and the spam was on page three within an hour.

However, asked the mods to remove all evidence that the spammer was on the website ... pretty sure there are other members being hit also.  As usual, Barney, the moderator, lost his bullet and wandered off to get a donut.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Ladeback69
    @Jeepster47, Thanks Tom.  last time this happened they were able to stop it and remove it.  I may not have sent the email to correct person.  I may need to send it again.  I haven't gotten a response yet about taking care of it yet.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    @Ladeback69 ... it would be nice to have a "Report Spam" email address so that this stuff could be easily addressed.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Ladeback69
    @Ladeback69 ... it would be nice to have a "Report Spam" email address so that this stuff could be easily addressed.
    I sent it to Webmaster@BigGreenEgg.com and got a response back that they will look in to it.  

Kansas City, Mo.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming