Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Morton's Tri Tip

Options
Cm23
Cm23 Posts: 130
Picked this up a Costco a couple of weeks ago and threw it in the freezer, cooking today.  Anyone tried one of these yet?  Tips or tricks?
XL, 2 Large, Mini  -- Shenandoah, TX  Now BulletGrillHouse

Comments

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    I think I had one years ago pre egg. If I recall it was very salty. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    My wife's uncle used to get those going at the family bbq, they're ok. Cook like you would any tri tip.
  • PNWQue
    PNWQue Posts: 31
    Options
    We get those for camping every year......I like em.....we have a portable gasser......I've always done it as low as the temp will go in one of those.
    LBGE and a bunch of stuff to go with it  B)
    Just OUTSIDE of Seattle,WA
  • morrobayrich
    morrobayrich Posts: 104
    Options
    You are better off just buying COSTCO's regular tri-tip and seasoning it your self.  We eat a LOT of tri-tip here (Central Coast of California) and the Morton's was only mediocre.
    Morro Bay, CA
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Looking at the nutrition label in the picture, it shows 570 mg of sodium in a 4 oz serving. That is extremely high.  You're much better off getting a fresh Tri-tip and seasoning it yourself.

Our Costco doesn't carry Tri-tips but luckily a local market had some this week for $7.99/lb.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA