Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE forum fine print said NOTHING about the costs to join

I have looked over the fine print of the forum rules twice now and I saw nothing about there being a cost associated with joining.

This arrived in the mail today.  And the Thermopen with Zippered case and TimeStick will be here Tuesday.

I have only been here about a month.  I have been building my table and bar for the outdoor kitchen and haven't even taken delivery of my XL and Med yet.  So far my list of things to get is about as long as my leg and I am 6'2".  Things like AR, Woo, Pizza stones, various CI stuff and so on.

All kidding aside, you folks are great and I have learned so much that I already have some confidence that my learning curve with the Eggs has been shortened.  Thanks to all of you for posting and sharing.  I hope that when I get my eggs and get into cooking that I will have some things worth sharing.

Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Welcome and have fun!
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Thanks.  And Oh Yeah, I forgot about the Kick Ash Baskets, too.  As much fun as I am having now I can't wait to see what its like when I actually start cooking.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Welcome aboard!  FYI...the spending never stops!    =)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Hey Sonny, stop your whining ... geez mate ... you've only just begun ... keep your check writing pen in the fridge between orders and you'll be okay.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    My only advice is to take it slow with the accessories.  We all have some things laying around we wish we hadn't bought.  Figure out your cooking style and go from there.  Like @cazzy said the spending never stops.  Between accessories, high quality meats, eggcessories, and complimentary grills, I've spent way more money than I should have. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    My advice at this point is any time you have the urge to buy something go to the store and get a beverage of your choosing and truly debate if you need it. 

And if that drink is alcoholic in nature your new toy will be on your doorstep in three to five business days....
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @Scottborasjr :lol: True Dat!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Thanks guys.  You do realize that this is all tongue in cheek.  I am having a blast preparing.  I did read the thread about all the things you have bought and now know you didn't need.  I learned a lot from that one.  It has been a long time since I was this filled with anticipation about anything.  I kinda like the feeling of excitement again.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    The cost to join is nothing compared to what you will spend in the future to remain an 'Egger. 
    Have fun, and welcome to OCD heaven!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    You can justify all this stuff. What I regret is getting interested in expensive coolers. That was a big mistake and I blame this forum for that. I have already pulled the trigger on a few and am on the wait list for @SGH new brand, because evidently I need those too. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Sonny3 said:
    I have looked over the fine print of the forum rules twice now and I saw nothing about there being a cost associated with joining.

This arrived in the mail today.  And the Thermopen with Zippered case and TimeStick will be here Tuesday.

I have only been here about a month.  I have been building my table and bar for the outdoor kitchen and haven't even taken delivery of my XL and Med yet.  So far my list of things to get is about as long as my leg and I am 6'2".  Things like AR, Woo, Pizza stones, various CI stuff and so on.

All kidding aside, you folks are great and I have learned so much that I already have some confidence that my learning curve with the Eggs has been shortened.  Thanks to all of you for posting and sharing.  I hope that when I get my eggs and get into cooking that I will have some things worth sharing.

Welcome!  Hope you saved a few $$$$$$ for the food.  You famaliar with Wassi's Meats here in Melbooring?
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Don`t forget alcohol for the chef!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    No joke. You'll learn to stay clear of some peoples threads or you'll end up broke. These people on here know how to strike the "want it nerve" and send it into overdrive.

The Bear Claws  will not go unused. Even if you never pull pork again, they'll get plenty of use. They work awesome for removing spatchcocks from the grid.  
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Finding a place to store the stuff near the egg is another problem. I hate having to run around getting things from various places, but there's only so much outdoor storage one can have.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  And @YukonRon has always preached about the cost to stay :peace:   .I will echo the "go easy on the accessories" until you have had a chance to cook for a while.  Frees up $$ to spend on high-end meats!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Hi54putty said:
    What I regret is getting interested in expensive coolers. 
    They are almost addictive^^^^^^^^^. Once you buy one, it's not long before you want another and then another. I'm already looking real hard at the Yeti 105. More often than not, I don't look very long before I break down and just buy whatever it is that I'm looking at. In all honesty, the high end coolers are not a necessity. But they sure work great for their intended purposes and make life easy. Go ahead and buy a couple of more my friend. You know you want to ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.