Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

penthouse to out-house

mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
edited 10:02AM in EggHead Forum
“the path from the penthouse to the out-house is a short one” is a quote often said by the coaches at the school where I teach.[p]last night salmon on the large egg and tonight the lowly hamburger on the small egg – this hamburger was wonderful – I make thin patties – top one patty with sliced mushrooms and blue-cheese then top with another thin patty – pinch them together – wow – chef green has done it again

In dog Beers - I have had only one !
·

Comments

• mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    one more item here - i put the burgers in the fridge to lower temp in hopes of increasing the smoke flavor - used red oak to smoke burgers - red oak and hamburgers were created for each other

In dog Beers - I have had only one !
    ·
  • CatCat Posts: 556
    Mr. Toad,[p]YES on both the fridge & the red oak (for beef in general). I'll have to try the blue cheese...that sounds incredible.[p]Cathy
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Mr. Toad,[p]One mans treasure is anothers garbage. Hamburgers on the Egg sound fine to me! Now, after 10 days in a row of them would not. [p]Look for that silver lining.[p]Tim
    ·
  • sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    Cat,[p]If you've never tried blue (bleu for the fancy types) cheese on hanburgers its AWESOME. I've actually seen in in a restaurant also. They called it a Blackened Bleu Burger, kind of a blackened seasoning on the burger then adding blue cheese, man its good. It's pretty easy to duplicate on the egg and the results are out of this world. Give it a shot, you'll love it.[p]Troy
    ·