Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs and Cinnamon?

Options
Jeepster47
Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
The hurricane that hit the south end of the Baja Peninsula, last September, wiped out a lot of the resort where we've gone for a number of years with a kite flying group. The resort spent three months rebuilding and they were interested in what our group thought about the changes, so invited us to a dinner where the chef cooked the meal as we watched.  Just had to ask the chef if he was familiar with the BGE.  Yes, my friends and wife rolled their eyes and sighed loudly ... hmmm wonder what that is about. 

Turns out that, for home use, he has a small horizontal smoker.  So, I asked what he liked to BBQ and how he cooked it.  Between his English and my Spanish, a few voids showed up.  Pork ribs were high on his list of "likes".  He got a great big smile on his face (yes, like a true chef, there was a lot of weight behind that smile) and said his secret ingredient for great ribs was cinnamon in the rub. 

A quick search through the forum didn't connect ribs and cinnamon, thus the question ... has anyone tried this?  How much/little?  As an addition to what other ingredients?  Anybody have an opinion?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

Comments