Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark Oak Score

Options
Proser
Proser Posts: 271
Its good to have family in Arkansas. When I heard about the plant closing, I asked my SIL to pick up some bags from the local Harps store. 

Went to to visit this weekend and brought 15 bags home. 
Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    I've got some stored myself!! Well played there ...well played!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    Nice score
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Awesome brother. I'm sad to see it go the way of the buffalo. OO was one of my favorites along with Rockwood. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    I can't bear to open my last bag - I bought 40lbs of Rockwood and 20lbs of WGWW just to avoid having to use my last precious bag of OO.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I'm down to 10 bags.
    NOLA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DieselkW said:
    I can't bear to open my last bag - I bought 40lbs of Rockwood and 20lbs of WGWW just to avoid having to use my last precious bag of OO.
    I have been holding on to one bag myself. Uncle Apple gave me 12 bags at brisket camp and I am saving one. Eventually hunger will get the best of me when I'm out of other lump and I will use it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    I've still got 2 bags myself. I've been saving them for a special occasion..... But no occasion ever seems special enough. 

Maybe they'll finally go when the family is all in town for our wedding next month. 
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Options
    I thought I was the only one saving my OO.  I have 6 bags left.  As I get closer and closer to out I will be more and more selective about what I'll use it for.  That last cook is going to have to be some prime ribeyes or something.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX