Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Found some sockeye.....

Options
theyolksonyou
theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
And it was all it's cracked up to be!

spending the week on the gulf coast. Local Publix had sockeye. Snatched it up. 

Cooked at 400ish skin first for a few, then flipped. Good stuff, not a lot of pics, it was time to eat. 

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I like your fish/vegetable grill. I usually cook it just opposite of your method, did the fish come off the grid easy?

It's been tough to get it in Wyoming this year. The fish case is full of Atlantic Farm Raised, but the sockeye sells out fast. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @stemc33 I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I have two pizza screens that in using to flip, ala @stemc33 the skin tuck a little because I forgot to spray them. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Wow! Look at the deep rich color of the salmon. Enjoy!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Hell yeah I would eat dat!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • stemc33
    Options
    @stemc33 I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I have two pizza screens that in using to flip, ala @stemc33 the skin tuck a little because I forgot to spray them. 
    It's all good. Salmon is like chicken in that you have many options; Sauce, broil, bake, grill, smoke, jerky, salads and more. The important thing is you tried wild caught salmon. How you do it doesn't mater. Glad you enjoyed it. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I don't know what the hell I'm doing. 
    Looking at the grub I would beg to differ. Looks mighty fine to me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Nice, love the color of that sockeye.  You'll never look at those big floppy pale farm raised filets the same.
  • SGH
    Options
    spending the week on the gulf coast. 
    May I inquire as to where?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Looks great!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• stemc33
    Options
    Legume said:
    Nice, love the color of that sockeye.  You'll never look at those big floppy pale farm raised filets the same.
    The funny thing is that those big floppy pale farm fish have had color added. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    SGH said:
    spending the week on the gulf coast. 
    May I inquire as to where?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    @sgh we're at Turtle Beach on the southern tip of Siesta Key. Sarasota area. Wish we were closer, I'd love to visit the compound. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful cook brother!  SGH is rightfully jealous! Grew up in FL, love Siesta Key.  Enjoy your break!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Beautiful cook brother!  SGH is rightfully jealous! Grew up in FL, love Siesta Key.  Enjoy your break!
    Our first time here. So far, so good. Not a lot if real estate on the sand here, but the site said so, no surprise. The upside is we walk out the back door onto the sand. 

Thanks for he compliment. 
  • SGH
    Options
    theyolksonyou said:
    I'd love to visit the compound. 
    You are one of the chosen few that is more than welcome here anytime my friend. Would love to have you over. I have been slaughtering the white trout.  

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Walking out onto the beach, the sunsets there, storms when they roll in, it's special @theyolksonyou!  Hope y'all have a great time!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga