Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some Sunday cookin'...

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731

Invited some friends over for a pool party . The menu was a hodge podge of cuisines, but it all tasted good.

Started with some bread on Saturday. Used my Flame Boss to test it out, and it works like a charm. The bread recipe is from @Spring Chicken (I used less salt than his recipe though. It turns out great, but I may have to bump the temp up a bit from 400°F since the top has not browned very well the last couple of times (had to pop it under the broiler to brown the top). I think I need a new jar of yeast too. Also noticed that the Flame Boss reads 25°F higher than the calibrated Tel-Tru thermo in the dome (the pit probe was clipped to the middle of the thermo shaft).

Marinade for the chicken included gochujiang, lemongrass paste, miso paste, light soy, rice wine, mirin, pepper, fish sauce, five spice powder, and sesame oil. Cut boneless skinless breasts into filets and loaded it all up in a ziplock bag for the night.

Tried a bruschetta (more like caprese salad on toast)of sorts for the appetizer - bread, shmear of pesto, sundried tomatoes, , garlic, fresh mozz. Sprayed the flame side of the bread with olive oil. This turned out pretty damn good - crunchy, garlicky, and pretty easy.

Chicken was up next. The plan was to make a chicken sammich/burger.

Hiding behind the Wow Wee sauce is a wasabi sauce from HEB that went great with the chicken. I wish I had pretzel rolls, but had to make do with hamburger buns and onion rolls.

Not too complicated, folks loved the grub, and everyone went home happy. Not pictured (my goof) are SWMBO's watermelon cucumber salad with feta and mint, and her mango cheesecake. The salad was outstanding for a summer menu. The kids played in the water, and I got to cook. It was  a win for everybody :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments