Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chubbys Outdoor Kitchen Chronicles ... nearing completion! (Pic heavy)

Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
Still have some odds and ends to finish up, a table to fabricate, and the stamped overlay to put on the concrete ...but at least I've got a place to cook in the shade, and some tunes to listen to now !!

Fountains and landscaping to finnish as well!!

It only feels like about 103 today...any takers on helping with landscaping...lol!!!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    THAT is SO COOL!!!! I'm insanely jealous!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Too much talent and likely $$ for me-what a setup.  Dang-a home-run for sure.  Enjoy as I know you will.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,357
    Nice!
    Jacksonville FL
  • Chubby
    edited July 2015
    RRP said:
    THAT is SO COOL!!!! I'm insanely jealous!!!

Thank you Ron!!
    I would like to work out a deal with you where I can move up there in the Summer...and go Smallmouth fishing!
    I know I've been here some 25 years but I'm getting to where I hate the summers!

I think Leroy and I could probably find a place for you down here when the snow is flying... if that helps ;)

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Wow wow wow!!!   Looks awesome!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    It's safe to say everyone here hate you....  =)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Double Bogey
    Double Bogey Posts: 635
    Very nice Evans, I am envious of the shade you have. I'm still trying to decide the best way to cover my stuff at our place in SC. My BGE spot at the mountain cabin is covered by the upstairs deck so that works well. But, your outdoor area is truly a kitchen--well done.  Is this part of the "Grate Mates" World Headquarters?
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Chubby
    Very nice Evans, I am envious of the shade you have. I'm still trying to decide the best way to cover my stuff at our place in SC. My BGE spot at the mountain cabin is covered by the upstairs deck so that works well. But, your outdoor area is truly a kitchen--well done.  Is this part of the "Grate Mates" World Headquarters?

Yeah it also doubles as the employee lunch room...lol!!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    In the words of Gomma.......shaaaazamm
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    So smart! Great design Chubby. Two things stand out to me as being extra brilliant. The rest is just brilliant.

#1, The cut out, where you can take the EGG in and out is the way to go.  By setting the EGG in a round hole, you don't get much more countertop real estate, and it is a pain in the ass to remove if you have to.

#2, no wood in embers way!

Can I come down??
    Cheers sir.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    That's freaking fantastic. Showed it to my wife and she said I could start doing the same, in twenty years when hopefully both kids are out of college...

Very nice @Chubby. Mad jealous like others have said. Congrats on the set up.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Chubby
    edited July 2015
    So smart! Great design Chubby. Two things stand out to me as being extra brilliant. The rest is just brilliant.

#1, The cut out, where you can take the EGG in and out is the way to go.  By setting the EGG in a round hole, you don't get much more countertop real estate, and it is a pain in the ass to remove if you have to.

#2, no wood in embers way!

Can I come down??
    Cheers sir.
    Chris

Well that's a nice thing to say Chris...thank you!
    If I remember right...we  chatted about that "egg cutout deal" a long time ago... before I started to even pour concrete!
    On your second point ....you might say I learned a little something about "keeping wood out of embers way" ...from a guy I know over "Virginy" way ;)

What do you say we wait till it cools off a bit and you come down ...we'll fire up the Cowboy Cauldron... and put away some of "Kentucky's finest"!

Anytime young man ...anytime!
  • Chubby
    edited July 2015
    That's freaking fantastic. Showed it to my wife and she said I could start doing the same, in twenty years when hopefully both kids are out of college...

Very nice @Chubby. Mad jealous like others have said. Congrats on the set up.

Thank you Scott!!
    Did you think of suggesting she should pick up a second,  (or maybe a couple part time jobs) to  help accelerate the process... :o  :o
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Just being nosey, Evans, but what is the plans for the two large galvanized tubs and about that out building behind the cowboy cauldron - is that a fancy shed, pool house or what? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    You sound like my people! Enjoy the whiskey. Beautiful setup. 
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Awesome setup! Great job

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Chubby
    edited July 2015
    RRP said:
    Just being nosey, Evans, but what is the plans for the two large galvanized tubs and about that out building behind the cowboy cauldron - is that a fancy shed, pool house or what? 

Ron...those galvanized tubs are livestock water tanks... they are going to be water fountains.  That's said...if it doesn't cool off soon I'm going to put a trolling motor at the end.. fill it with water...and just sit in it (like one of those  "Arkansas Jacuzzis")
    The shed is a storage building...but in my years long quest to be "Just like Sandbagger" ....I'm  going to claim it on my taxes as a "The Lump Storage Shedquarters Complex"...lol!!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    If I recall correctly, you don't live that far from me... are you looking to adopt an egghead anytime soon??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Well done sir.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Chubby
    If your "people" like to sit around a nice fire.... drink good bourbon, eat tasty food,  (and maybe smoke an occasional stogie) then yes... I'll be your huckleberry...lol!
  • 45Fan
    45Fan Posts: 24
    You have a beautiful home!  Very well thought out ...  Congrats!
    The two loudest sounds in the world is a click that should have went bang and a bang that should have went click.
  • pgprescott
    Chubby said:
    If your "people" like to sit around a nice fire.... drink good bourbon, eat tasty food,  (and maybe smoke an occasional stogie) then yes... I'll be your huckleberry...lol!
    That's what they call hitting the nail on the heads. Cheers!
  • Chubby
    Well done sir.
    Thanks Dude!
    You're always welcome (with or without your better half) ;)
  • Chubby
    caliking said:
    If I recall correctly, you don't live that far from me... are you looking to adopt an egghead anytime soon??
    If I can write you off my taxes.... we should probably get together ;)
  • Chubby
    Chubby said:
    That's what they call hitting the nail on the heads. Cheers!

Inquiring minds want to know what you have in the decanter?
  • pgprescott
    A little basil Hayden.  A smooth drink IMO
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    One fking day I'll be posting my setup.. and I want out to look half as good as yours! extremely clean sir!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Very nice! Could you give me some dimensions so I kinda figure the size of it? . I'm about to build a 22x16 awnings. And just wondering if it's gonna be big enough. Oh and those cowboy cauldron is cool. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    I will say chubb very well laid out. I vote one tub for ice and cold beverages
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.