Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Day off cook

Options
Took the day off as my spa is being delivered later this morning.  Wife is TDY so decided to put a nice butt on to pass the day.   Just hit the egg at 225 with rockwood leading the way with some fresh Ga peach along for the ride.    Will update throughout the day 
In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Looking good! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • IPASooner
    IPASooner Posts: 208
    Options
    Nice!
    LBGE

Marblehead, MA
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    On the egg ready to ride
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Ok so pulled pork and a new spa in the same day? That's the definition of "winning" right there. Enjoy the day!!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    It is going to be a hot one in Macon today. You will certainly enjoy that pulled pork! 

• BigJonMoo73
    Options
    That's a beautiful butt for a beautiful day.
    Little Elm, Tx
    LBGE
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Looking good man.  Sounds like a great day!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    I am very envious.  I just about have my Egg table and Island/Bar build done so I can take delivery of the XL & Med.  Saturday they are coming out to move my Spa to the pool deck to make room for the Egg Kitchen.  I am here learning and that butt you have on to smoke sure looks great.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • bo31210
    Options
    It is going to be a hot one in Macon today. You will certainly enjoy that pulled pork! 
    92 at 1130     Gonna be brutal   LOL
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    It has been awful over here as well. I played golf on Saturday and thought I was going to have a heat stroke. I spend too much time in my air conditioned office! 

• bo31210
    Options
    It has been awful over here as well. I played golf on Saturday and thought I was going to have a heat stroke. I spend too much time in my air conditioned office! 
    No   not too much time in office;  not enough time on the golf course.   More time on golf course = more heat conditioning (at least in my mind)
  • bo31210
    Options
    Here is a 1215 update:   Moving along nicely.   At 132 IT     Hopefully make it for dinner....
  • bo31210
    Options
    Here is a 1215 update:   Moving along nicely.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Good looking cook.  Don't know when you plan dinner but if this butt behaves like most you will get quite a lengthy stall around 150-160*F that can take hours to get thru.  And then a few more hours til you get into the high 190s-low 200's before you are there.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bo31210
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If it stalls along will wrap it and let it ride :)
     Good thing is the spa just arrived and the crew isn't happy about having to move it over 2 AC units :)   
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I'm sure smelling unattainable bbq will not help matters either for the workers...
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • bo31210
    Options
    Lol.   If it was done I would give them a sandwich and a beer lol
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Great looking so far...  I know it will be good....  The installers will be happy having to smell it all afternoon...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • BigJonMoo73
    Options
    Where's the hot tub?!
    Little Elm, Tx
    LBGE
  • bo31210
    Options
    Coming soon @BigJonMoo73
  • bo31210
    Options
    In the stall and heating up!!!!!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Pulled pork...a new hot tub...life is good!  Just don't eat so much that you pass out in the tub from food coma.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bo31210
    Options
    Sonny3 said:
    I am very envious.  I just about have my Egg table and Island/Bar build done so I can take delivery of the XL & Med.  Saturday they are coming out to move my Spa to the pool deck to make room for the Egg Kitchen.  I am here learning and that butt you have on to smoke sure looks great.
    Thanks   This is our first spa so I have either made a very good or very bad decision LOL     You will love and egg kitchen   When we retire, that is one thing I will have is a full outdoor kitchen
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Very nice.  I've been dreaming of a spa/hot tub for some time now.  Just haven't figured out the logistics yet.

Enjoy!  Everything is looking real nice. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Awesome...Great looking cook, Cook !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• kindaquick
    kindaquick Posts: 30
    Options
    Looks great!  The pork and the spa!  :)
  • bo31210
    Options
    For an update.  Butt is at 196 and the hot tub is at 98.   
  • bo31210
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Very nice.  I've been dreaming of a spa/hot tub for some time now.  Just haven't figured out the logistics yet.

Enjoy!  Everything is looking real nice. 
    The same here.   SWMBO suggested we go look at them so we were out the door pronto.     It has been learning experience Trey.  Let me know if I can answer any questions.
  • bo31210
    Options
    Good day off here.  Just took the inaugural soak in the new tub and heading to bed because work calls tmrw. Ended up with pork tacos for dinner. Enjoyed the day egging and being a bum.  I want to retire.