Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Travel Trailer Shopping

Options
KSwoll
KSwoll Posts: 129
The wife and I have decided to go travel trailer shopping to replace our pop up. We are looking at the Cruiser Rv Fun Finder F-242BDS. Do you guys have any tips or recommendations when looking for a trailer or when haggling with the sales person? Thanks
XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
Northern Virgina

Comments

• Maxwell1331
    Options
    wait until late in the season if you can. We bought last year in November and the dealer basically gave it away and I negotiated storage for the winter. 

Pay attention to the payload of your tow vehicle as this is your real limiting factor on towing capacity. The tongue weight of your trailer will eat up that payload quick the larger the trailer.

Other than that go nuts!
    LBGE, MiniMax, Weber Genesis and a hunger for all grilling knowledge! Aledo, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    KSwoll said:
    The wife and I have decided to go travel trailer shopping to replace our pop up. We are looking at the Cruiser Rv Fun Finder F-242BDS. Do you guys have any tips or recommendations when looking for a trailer or when haggling with the sales person? Thanks
    On new, the mark-up is MUCH higher than automobiles. It's not uncommon to find 25% discounts on new models.  The BEST way to buy is the last day of a large RV show. The manufacturers desperately want to post good numbers for an event and on the last day they are very willing to deal and throw in extras.  
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Get a WD hitch and antisway bars included in the sale. Make sure your truck can pull the loaded weight of the trailer.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I will keep these in mind during our search.
    XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina