Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Asian Style Pork Chops

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
Dry brined pork chops this afternoon.
Got cast iron dutch oven lid hot in the small:

Buttered up some chops:

Spread the butter and put on butter side down. While on, buttered the top side while the bottom browned.

Flipped

Once I had a nice brown on both sides I pulled them off, I closed the vents down, pulled out the CI, and put a cold stone in with drip pan. Rubbed the chops with a rub I made of Chinese 5 spice powder, brown sugar, cumin, white pepper, and a bit of cayenne. Back on to roast around 275*-ish.

When they hit 120* IT I glazed the top side with this:

At 130* I flipped and glazed the other side. At 140* I pulled them to rest.

I let carryover take them to 145* and sliced and plated with some rice:

I'm usually a reverse-sear guy with chops and steaks, but when finishing with a glaze, that doesn't really work. 

I have to say the flavor of the butter sear, rub, and then glaze was really good. Kids ate everything on their plates with no questions asked. I'll be working on my Asian style rub, as I think it has lots of potential for improvement and lots of possibilities.

Hopefully this posts correctly...
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments