Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drunk & Dirty Beef Tenderloin

SpartanPride
SpartanPride Posts: 161
Got the recipe from the "Smoke and Spice" cookbook.  This was terrific.  Asparagus couscous on the side.  This will certainly make the rotation.  After rub, seared all sides for about 2 minutes each in the cast iron.  Moved over to indirect @ 300 w/hickory for about an hour and 15 min.  Pulled at 130.  

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Drunk and dirty describes most weekends. That's a nice hunk if beef. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    That looks....  Well...  Fantastic! Cooked to the perfect temp!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • MrWigan
    MrWigan Posts: 104

Outstanding!

Large BGE, Mini Max

Wigan, UK

• txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Looks perfect!
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Couscous? Looks like rice.
  • SpartanPride
    Ha. Sorry it was risotto. Way off. 
  • @spartanpride do you have a recipe for the sauce? Looks awesome!
    Denver, CO
  • SpartanPride
    @spartanpride do you have a recipe for the sauce? Looks awesome!
    1 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup water 
    1/2 cup bourbon
    1/4 cup Worcestershire 
    2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    4 garlic cloves, minced

thats the marinade mixture.  I let it soak in there for about 4-5 hours. If you plan on mopping, hold 1/2 of it aside, mix with vegetable oil and bring to a boil.  The other 1/2 keep in the fridge until the meat is about done. Bring to a boil and spoon it over the top (personally after marinating and basting, I didn't think it needed the sauce on top...it has strong flavor, plus you are eating a filet already anyway). 

I wish I could take credit. This is from the Smoke and Spice cook book. I think @SGH recommend it once and I picked it up.  It's a great book and worth the purchase.  
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Thats how i like my women!  Great cook man! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    SpartanPride said
    @SGH recommend it once and I picked it up.  It's a great book and worth the purchase.  
    Glad that you enjoyed the book my friend. While its not a "how to" book, everything in it is tried and true.  Just good solid recipes.  I have never been disappointed with anything that I tried from it.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Nuke1855
    Nuke1855 Posts: 281
    Got the recipe from the "Smoke and Spice" cookbook.  This was terrific.  Asparagus couscous on the side.  This will certainly make the rotation.  After rub, seared all sides for about 2 minutes each in the cast iron.  Moved over to indirect @ 300 w/hickory for about an hour and 15 min.  Pulled at 130.  
    Freaking amazing bro ! Nice work @SpartanPride

Living The Big Green Egg Life...

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

• SGH
    I'm at a loss for words. This will have to suffice my friend:

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SpartanPride
    SGH said:

Would it be weird to print this out for the beer fridge?? Ha. Thanks again for the heads up on the book. It's been handy. 
  • SGH
    SGH said:

Would it be weird to print this out for the beer fridge?? Ha. Thanks again for the heads up on the book. It's been handy. 
    No sir, it wouldn't be weird at all ;) Great job on the grub brother. Solid for sure.  

Status- Standing by.