Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Teriyaki Turkey Thighs

Options
Four hour smoke at 250 with mesquite.

This is a staple lunch meat for us.  We pull and have on salads, with rice, or in beans.  Thirty-two thighs.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    Nice!!  I do chicken breasts in bulk like that too, and my favorite is to make chicken salad with the smoked chicken, some sweet onion, some mayo, and some celery.  I don't get too fancy with it and after it sits in the vacuum seal overnight the flavors blend wonderfully.  I'll bet these would be the same way!  Have a great day Doc. 
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Beautiful done pics @Doc_Eggerton.  Love turkey parts on the egg.  Mostly I've done turkey breast.  Where did you find just turkey thighs? 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    Beautiful done pics @Doc_Eggerton.  Love turkey parts on the egg.  Mostly I've done turkey breast.  Where did you find just turkey thighs? 
    Ordered from the meat department at Publix.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    They look absolutely perfect.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    32 thighs...Wow, that's a lot of turkey. Looks great. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very nice cook. I do lots of turkey wings and legs but 400 raised direct. Will add thighs and your way next cook. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.