Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss server down????

Options
Just starting a cook and myflameboss.com appears to be down.  Can't log in with any of my devices/computers.  (I can log in to the main website where you buy it though.)

Ugh.  Not good.  One of my concerns with this device - you're dependent on them maintaining the server for the life of the product.  Hopefully just a glitch and it could be on my end, but the fact that neither my computer or phone can log in leads me to think otherwise.
Dallas (University Park), Texas

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    That may very well be the Achilles heel of a centrally hosted system. I can see where it would be difficult to maintain the server with out monthly user fees. 
  • ROllTIDEEGGING
    Options
    I couldn't log in yesterday as well for a while.  It was wanting to confirm my email address. I finally went through those steps and got in..  I obviously had confirmed it before but it was acting up.. Didn't have any other problems the rest of the day.

won't be pleased if I can't log on for my cook later today. keep us updated
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    Can someone else confirm that myflameboss.com is not loading?  You don't have to be logged in or doing a cook to initially access the site.  Anyone can do it.

Thanks!
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Cannot load http://myflameboss.com
    looks like the server is down

LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    I don't have a Flame Boss, but the page loads stating " We don't detect a Flame Boss on your network. There's a box to enter your ID and  "View Cook" green button
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    fljoemon said:
    Cannot load http://myflameboss.com
    looks like the server is down

That link did not work.
    I went to www.flameboss.com when the page opened I typed "my" in front of flameboss.com hit enter and it took me to the page
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Looks like the URL has moved from http: to https:

Try this URL ... https://www.myflameboss.com

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Does the flameboss have a local control method, or is it server dependent?

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Sorry, but, to me just a great reason not to buy one!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • ROllTIDEEGGING
    Options
    @Jeepster47  was right. it's no longer www.    I was able to log in with no problem and see my recent cooks. disaster diverted.
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    @jaydub58 ... I understand what you're saying. 

I have dLink cameras with the same set up.  If their main server goes down, the cameras are junk.  If the Flame Boss server goes down, my 200 becomes a 100 and will function like the DigiQ.  So, not all is lost, only the differential cost between the 100 and the 200.

After following the Stoker threads on setting up their unit and knowing that I'm an IT idiot, the Flame Boss was an acceptable trade off.

• cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    Thanks guys - especially Jeepster47!  Works for me with the new direction.  Would have been nice if we had received notice, but I'm glad it's up.  Beef ribs coming along nicely!
  • MichaelCollins
    Options
    Hi all, I apologize for our server being down yesterday. It certainly wasn't a scheduled outage. We discovered a bug that caused the problem and it has been corrected. Thank you to all that showed undeserved patience on a holiday weekend.
  • ajd
    ajd Posts: 9
    Options
    I got a flameboss the other day. They have been down twice since I got it. I cannot connect now. Being in IT, I am able to test connecting from servers in different locations in different parts of the country so it is not my computer or my network or my internet.
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    Looks like it's back up now.

• sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    Was thinking about replacing my Auber with Flameboss 200 . Auber fluctuates at least 6 degrees up and down during cook and for whatever reason I decided that I wanted something more steady .After reading this post and also realizing
    that those kind of fluctuations are meaning less ,it is going to remain Auber for me .This is going on three years with it and it is simple .Just a pain having to use it with Maverick ET-732 (lots of wire and clutter) but I have been doing it this long and looks like I'm sticking with it .