Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Midnight Mini Max

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
Midnight trial run for today's tailgate cook at the firework show. I have limited experience with wings(2nd cook) and only a few cooks on the Mini Max. I'm just egging for the wife and I but don't want to look like a gomer in a big crowd of people. I'd much rather have people nearby saying whatever that guys cooking sure smells good as opposed to them laughing and pointing saying call the FD, he's burning $#!+.  

My Woo and stone was supposed to arrive yesterday and didn't. I would feel much more comfortable cooking wings indirect or at least raised. 

All in all, they came out great leaving me wanting more. Special thanks goes out to @jonnymack for the Kickin' Mule sauce. It's excellent and I'll be will be using it tomorrow. I'll also be using the  Walkerswood jerk paste he got me. Wings are marinating as I write. Here's the pics. 

Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Damn, Steven, those look delicious! Can't see why the polo crowd wouldn't love those.

Happy 4th!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Damn, Steven, those look delicious! Can't see why the polo crowd wouldn't love those.

Happy 4th!
    Thanks...It's always been a good time in the past. First year tailgatin.

Just seen your July 1st thread. Looks like your Canada Day went well. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Love the MMM!  Grub looks great. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Awesome! Like I said I'm terrible at pairing BBQ sauce and food cause I think it goes with anything. Great pairing!!!
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    Looks good. No FD needed. Good luck. 
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Hey! Love reading your posts, and the food always looks Devine. I haven't tried wings yet but boneless skinless thighs are pretty good too!
    Happy 4th!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky