Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I don't care....

Options
I don't care but the Mods killed the flag thread while I was posting my comment. 

XLBGE 

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    And to think I thought the forums were on Zombie Autopilot. No help to be had when the pages were not serving correctly, a low and behold out of nowhere a mod appears.
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    GregW said:
    And to think I thought the forums were on Zombie Autopilot. No help to be had when the pages were not serving correctly, a low and behold out of nowhere a mod appears.
    Same here....hell I even got an infraction....
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    GregW said:
    Pretty standard lol
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    GregW said:
    I think there are two different "issues"; content and operation. The content can be buried, deleted or authorizations allowed or denied by someone who has no idea how it works while the how it works and how to fix it is handled by someone else.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    GregW said:
    I think there are two different "issues"; content and operation. The content can be buried, deleted or authorizations allowed or denied by someone who has no idea how it works while the how it works and how to fix it is handled by someone else.  
    Who apparently also has no idea how it works!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I started the thread that got pulled. I'm very surprised that the mods pulled the thread.
    That was a ligament news story. It is a hot topic on local new-talk radio. The video itself is not offensive. The comments by our forum members were well though and expressed. What's wrong with hearing and reading different points of view in the off-topic thread?
    So now speaking about the Confederate battle flag is now offensive? 
    So freakin' what if it's a sensitive topic? 
    I understand that white supremacist tainted the flag by using it as a symbol.
    NOT once in my entire life have I looked at the Confederate battle flag and thought a racist thought.  NEVER.
    The South, Civil War,  Ole Miss Rebels and Dukes of Hazard pop in my mind way before a racist symbol enters my thoughts.

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Regarding the flag issue, talk show radio here had some interesting comments. Basically every flag has some baggage. The discussion included how what was a fact of life in one era is simply not correct, politically or otherwise, today. The Confederate flag not only stood to retain slavery, it also stood to not surrender the reins of government to the north - all the elements of a true civil war. During WWII, under the Stars and Stripes the basic citizenship rights of American citizens with Japanese or African heritage were denied. Some rights were denied into the '60s. In Canada, it was under our flag of the day we seized the assets of Canadians with Japanese heritage, refused to allow a boatload of Sikhs entery or some say, committed genocide with our residential school system.  
    Even the Union Jack allowed slavery until 1833, and in the century that followed flew over the political and financial "rape" of India.
    If some whack job took any of these flags to be his symbol and committed a crime under them, does that mean the flag should now stand only for that action?
    (not my words - just the gist of the radio show comments) 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @tonytiger the "political" threads are always the first to go. Always. Legit topic or not.   Followed by making fun of col sanders. :tongue: 

This is one will have a short life. Just watch. Sinking or nuked soon. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,096
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    to us northern  yankees thats just a we surrender flag =) nothin more
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited July 2015
    Options
    :lol: 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Lol!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Well it does have the same colors as the French flag....
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well it does have the same colors as the French flag....
    its tough up here, canadian french to the north, confederate wannabes to the south...wheres my pellet gun =)
    fukahwee maine

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    @tonytiger the "political" threads are always the first to go. Always. Legit topic or not.   Followed by making fun of col sanders. :tongue: 

This is one will have a short life. Just watch. Sinking or nuked soon. 
    Easy brother....don't drag the Colonel into this!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @dldawes1 I had a thread knocking the new dude. Didn't last 24 hrs. 
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    @dldawes1 I had a thread knocking the new dude. Didn't last 24 hrs. 
    I saw the topic, but I cruised on down and didn't take time to read....I missed it all...Well at least JIC is back in and back to normal !!!!!  Maybe someone will start a "Bring back the flag" thread !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Jason. I missed your thread that got executed :disappointed: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Did somebody call me?

Flint, Michigan
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

If we simply title the thread "devestated" it makes all content in invisible to mods.  Thousands of offensive and political posts; anything goes.  We could probably even talk about the colonel...

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options

Options
    We think the same about the US flag after the war of 1812, geez them southerners were on your side then.....
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    We think the same about the US flag after the war of 1812, geez them southerners were on your side then.....
    if trade negotiations involved burning down washington dc again, im all for it, come on down, we will leave the gates wide open =) and dont worry about those southerners with the surrender flags. just make sure to make the 9 pm curfew at the boarder
    fukahwee maine

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited July 2015
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    . . . I looked at the Confederate battle flag and . . .
    The South, Civil War,  Ole Miss Rebels and Dukes of Hazard pop in my mind . . .

I know what you mean.  When I see a swastika, I think of Hogan's Heroes and Donald Duck. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzH1iaKVsBM

. . . and Herr Mickey

http://captiongenerator.com/25672/Mickey-Learns-of-the-JIC-Ban-on-the-Eggheadforum

=)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited July 2015
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    . . . I looked at the Confederate battle flag and . . .
    The South, Civil War,  Ole Miss Rebels and Dukes of Hazard pop in my mind . . .

I know what you mean.  When I see a swastika, I think of Hogan's Heroes and Donald Duck. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzH1iaKVsBM

. . . and Herr Mickey

http://captiongenerator.com/25672/Mickey-Learns-of-the-JIC-Ban-on-the-Eggheadforum

=)

LOL! It's been a while since I had a good belly-laugh.  Thanks I need that!
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    When I see the Confederate flag I think of Kenny Powers........

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,096
    Options
    Why did @BigGreenCraig get @JohnInCarolina banned?  I thought everyone was friends?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Why did @BigGreenCraig get @JohnInCarolina banned?  I thought everyone was friends?
    Doesn't show them as banned?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site