Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Canada Day !

Options
Wishing all my fellow Canuks a happy Canada Day. Ice cold beer, maple lump and Alberta Beef, can it get any better around an egg? I won't be cooking today as someone in head office thought Thursday was a good day for a meeting so I have a seven hour drive to Regina. Anyone want to suggest  a good steak house or rib joint.
LBGE,Mini Max,Stoker Meadow Lake Sask.

Comments

• bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    If you want to unload some cash I would suggest the diplomat, they have waygu beef on menu and it is glorious.  $75 for the filet mignon bit it was worth every penny and I'd do it again.

Happy Canada as well, I am working nightshift so no cooking for me
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Working today but I don't mind. Double time and a half plus an in lieu day. 
    Happy 148th to the best small country that has polymer ( not plastic) money. 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    Double time and a half PLUS in lieu of day!! You must work for the Canadian Govt.?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    Double time and a half PLUS in lieu of day!! You must work for the Canadian Govt.?

No sir.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    hondabbq said:

No sir.
    Well, that's a pretty sweet deal!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
  • hondabbq
    Options
    Happy Canada Day! 

I lived there for 3 years when I was starting out my culinary career. Played the BSH hotel golf course everyday for $300 staff membership and skiied Sunshine for the same seasonal price.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    I lived there for 3 years when I was starting out my culinary career. Played the BSH hotel golf course everyday for $300 staff membership and skiied Sunshine for the same seasonal price.
    And now you live in Winterpeg... guess the double time and a half plus the in lieu of day makes up for it?  =)
    Options
    The elk on the course cracked me up.  He's got his tongue out! Ha! 

• hondabbq
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The first time I played and saw these monstrosities on the course I was golfing with the saucier, butchers x2.
    I didn't know what to do when I had to walk by these things or hit my ball if it was close. I was instructed to put my driver in the air, so they think its bigger than them and they run away. If that doesn't work (I always did) you had the longest club in your bag for defense or run and get to the trees.

I have even hit one right in the ass with my drive and it barely moved.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @hondabbq- did you take a drop for the next shot:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • hondabbq
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @hondabbq- did you take a drop for the next shot:)
    Play it where it lies.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    "close enough eh" ... Happy Canada Day ... enjoy ... just keep the noise down a little up there during the partying!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited July 2015
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    The first time I played and saw these monstrosities on the course I was golfing with the saucier, butchers x2.
    I didn't know what to do when I had to walk by these things or hit my ball if it was close. I was instructed to put my driver in the air, so they think its bigger than them and they run away. If that doesn't work (I always did) you had the longest club in your bag for defense or run and get to the trees.

I have even hit one right in the ass with my drive and it barely moved.
    I watched a 7x7 chase golf carts down the fairway until he decided to fight another 7x7 and a 8x7 in the fairway. I got a little nervous when the fight moved to the edge of the fairway within 15 yards of me with one elk getting picked up and slammed into a tree! 
  • hondabbq
    Options
    I was once on the 12th hole and my buddy and I hit our drives and were walking down the fairway when we saw a little black bear cub run across. We stopped and looked at each other, knowing that the Mama bear is probably close by but not knowing if the bear cub was running away or running to her. We waited for a few minutes then proceeded with caution.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    As BC did not join Confederation until July 20, 1871, we have only been part of this fantastic nation for 144 years, but what the hell, we will celebrate Canada's 148th birthday. Where's the bar? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Never played up there but did have a black bear "encounter" at Arrowhead in Colorado. The mother and cubs only seemed interested in getting across the fairway and we gave them all the time they wanted.

And, of course, all the clubs in your bag would be useless if an elk decided he/she were coming after you!  =)
    Options
    Never played up there but did have a black bear "encounter" at Arrowhead in Colorado. The mother and cubs only seemed interested in getting across the fairway and we gave them all the time they wanted.

And, of course, all the clubs in your bag would be useless if an elk decided he/she were coming after you!  =)

Not with my swing speed!!!!!!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    hondabbq said:

Not with my swing speed!!!!!!
    Not even with Jordan Spieth's swing speed!
    Options
    And a very Happy Birthday to our neighbors in the GWN.  Enjoy another opportunity to spend quality time with family, friends and your BGE(s).
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Happy Canada Day to all of you hosers up there! :)

I would raise a glass, but i'm at work.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Good news @caliking ... I just had a drink for you! Hope your work day is all that you want it to be!  =)
    Options
    Happy Canada day to my fellow canucks, from a transplant in Phoenix.

All the Banff talk makes me nostalgic.  I spent winters there skiing @ Sunshine, and summers mountain biking and hiking (lived just 45 minutes away).  The days usually ended at the Barbary Coast in town.
    Phoenix 
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Happy Canada Day Also from Toronto, did my first overnight Pork shoulder, unfortunately it was done at 5am.... Wrapped and put in the cooler for 3 hours while I went back to sleep, then put it on ice in the cooler to drop the temp for later on today..  Timing was off a bit, thought it would have taken longer than expected.
    Oh well, good day for pulled pork sandwiches anyways, sorry no photos too dark...

Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    YYZegger said:
    Happy Canada Day Also from Toronto, did my first overnight Pork shoulder, unfortunately it was done at 5am.... Wrapped and put in the cooler for 3 hours while I went back to sleep, then put it on ice in the cooler to drop the temp for later on today..  Timing was off a bit, thought it would have taken longer than expected.
    Oh well, good day for pulled pork sandwiches anyways, sorry no photos too dark...

That's too bad about the extra early finish time. I'm sure it will still be delicious. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
    Options
    Happy Canada Day all.  Mrs GMAC's company decided to take Fri instead so its sort of uneventful here. Not even egging since Wed is our regular golf day. Guess Friday will be the day to fire up the egg for a late Canada Day feast. 
    And no elk on our course. Maybe a squirrel. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    Happy Canada my friends! My company also decided to take the 3 day weekend (will celebrate on Friday) rather than the 1 day off in the middle of the week. We've had 2 customers walk through the doors in the last 5 hrs! Oh well, it just gives me more time to research my first attempt at pizza on the egg tonight:) Also excited about trying my Fathers Day Gift (pswoo2 w/ extended grid) that finally arrived in the mail yesterday! Cheers!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • thebbb
    thebbb Posts: 67
    Options
    Canada Day Supper...FATTIE
    Lbge and MiniMax  in Southern Manitoba
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.