Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-It's good I don't eat at McD's often...

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I'm concerned that the word "often" is in the title of this thread. :worried: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

Options
    I would eat that!  Anything lobster, just don't put butter on it.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    You actually think it's gonna be lobster? :lol: 

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options

Is once or twice a year infrequent enough? 

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I get coffee there sometimes...that's bout it. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    You actually think it's gonna be lobster? :lol: 
    Well the McRib looks like a rib so it must be a rib, therefore this looks like lobster so must be lobster!   I just close my eyes and think about the East coast. B)
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I can't believe they're trying to sell those in New England! Why the hell would I buy "lobster" in McDonalds when I can walk down to the pier and buy a few off of one of the boats?!?
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Lobster, the garbagemen of the sea floor. They thrive close to sewage outlets. Why is it that things like lobsters and scallops and mushrooms whose very existence relies on them consuming/processing the most disgusting stuff taste so damn good?
    Well i draw the line at much of anything at radioactive Ronnies tasting good!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    duncan donut croissant toasted with real lobster cooked at home, its killer, as low as i would go if i coulnt get split tops =) no mclobster here, a real one is 8.99 local and stuffed but its hard not just to make your own
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options

It's more than the zero times a year I frequent McD's and, if you have young children, I'd make an allowance; otherwise, I'm not judging!  :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Believe it or not they are pretty decent, lobster and mayo on a white bun. It's real lobster and they sell in the Maritime provinces of Canada every summer. 
    HFX NS
  • Carolina Q
    Options

It's more than the zero times a year I frequent McD's and, if you have young children, I'd make an allowance; otherwise, I'm not judging!  :)
    I used to work for a guy who swore he had never been to a McDonalds. I can see swearing off the place, but he claimed he had never even been there. 

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options

I used to work for a guy who swore he had never been to a McDonalds. I can see swearing off the place, but he claimed he had never even been there. 

Well, I don't claim to have never eaten there. And, as my youngest is now 25 it's been a long time since I was taking them there. And, I now have a grandson who will be a year old in August, so I can imagine I might cross their threshold again in the next few years.

And, I will admit, that their fries are PDG!
    Options
    I guess no one from Maine has seen this thread yet...

McD's has been serving a seasonal lobster roll for at least 25 years. I've had them, though not in a long time, and they're not bad. I haven't set foot in a McDonald's in a few years and I'll bet the quality has gone down since then. Like everything else on their menu... you can get better most anywhere else.
    LBGE | CyberQ | Adjustable Rig | SmokeWare Cap | Kick Ash Basket | Table Build | Tampa, FL
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I know it's awful food. I know it's not good for me. I know it's probably not real meat. I know I'm going to feel awful after eating it. But...the 3 or 4 times a year I eat at McDonalds (yes I have small children) I just LOVE it. I know, I'm not right. I should be in a home somewhere. But I've always said McDonalds is my crack cocaine. The traditional stuff like Big Macs and double cheese burgers etc. And since I'm telling all here I might as well tell you about the time (as a younger man) when I was traveling with a group of 11 other guys on a golf pilgrimage to some killer golf courses across the southeast. One bet got out of hand and all 11 guys put $100 dollars against my $100 that I couldn't eat 10 double cheeseburgers in 25 min. Not only did I finish them, I ate more later that night. My trip was free...$1100 bucks to the good. @SGH would've been proud.

Hello, my name is Kevin, and I have a problem.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    I know it's awful food. I know it's not good for me. I know it's probably not real meat. I know I'm going to feel awful after eating it. But...the 3 or 4 times a year I eat at McDonalds (yes I have small children) I just LOVE it. I know, I'm not right. I should be in a home somewhere. But I've always said McDonalds is my crack cocaine. The traditional stuff like Big Macs and double cheese burgers etc. And since I'm telling all here I might as well tell you about the time (as a younger man) when I was traveling with a group of 11 other guys on a golf pilgrimage to some killer golf courses across the southeast. One bet got out of hand and all 11 guys put $100 dollars against my $100 that I couldn't eat 10 double cheeseburgers in 25 min. Not only did I finish them, I ate more later that night. My trip was free...$1100 bucks to the good. @SGH would've been proud.

Hello, my name is Kevin, and I have a problem.
    That's okay Kevin. I once ate a whole chicken at an all you can eat KFC buffet (with biscuits and sides)!
    Options
    I haven't eaten McDonalds in 8 years.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    I guess no one from Maine has seen this thread yet...

McD's has been serving a seasonal lobster roll for at least 25 years. I've had them, though not in a long time, and they're not bad. I haven't set foot in a McDonald's in a few years and I'll bet the quality has gone down since then. Like everything else on their menu... you can get better most anywhere else.
    I've had them myself years ago in Windham Maine, actually edible.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
     One bet got out of hand and all 11 guys put $100 dollars against my $100 that I couldn't eat 10 double cheeseburgers in 25 min. Not only did I finish them, I ate more later that night. My trip was free...$1100 bucks to the good. @SGH would've been proud
    Indeed sir, this kind of consumption does makes me proud. I honestly can't stand to see someone sit down to eat and then nibble like a little mouse. Excellent eating demonstration my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.