Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Night's Wok Cook (pics)

Options
Been trying to use the wok a little more regularly. Just some fried rice with peppers, onions and teriyaki chicken. Also makes for good leftovers.

Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
Cumming, GA  

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Yeah buddy!   Looks great Mark!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    Thanks Matt! Getting better with each cook on it! Also started storing it indoors (instead of in the egg) and keeping it oiled. Makes a huge difference when you actually take care of it! =)
    Cumming, GA  

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Looks great Mark. Been wanting to wok, but dang it's been hot!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    Thanks Matt! Getting better with each cook on it! Also started storing it indoors (instead of in the egg) and keeping it oiled. Makes a huge difference when you actually take care of it! =)
    Understand what you mean.  I keep mine in the house as well, but sometimes neglect and leave it on the Egg overnight making things a little more work than it should.  

We've actually been blessed lately with lower humidity and lower temps.  Feels great.   We were 14 days straight in the high 90's and I'm sure you guys were the same if not hotter.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • fence0407
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    Understand what you mean.  I keep mine in the house as well, but sometimes neglect and leave it on the Egg overnight making things a little more work than it should.  

We've actually been blessed lately with lower humidity and lower temps.  Feels great.   We were 14 days straight in the high 90's and I'm sure you guys were the same if not hotter.  
    Matt - I used to always store it in the egg. Made for some nasty rust build up, etc. Finally cleared a spot out in the kitchen and it has made a world of difference. Before I always dreaded using it bc it was so dirty. Now I can pull it out and it's ready to go!

Jason - Thanks - I know what you mean!! Luckily I have a covered porch and a newly installed fan right above the egg. That being said, I still sweat bullets bc of the damn humidity!
    Cumming, GA  

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I cooked hot dogs last Thursday at my sons bd party. Damn I was soaked. Standing next to the MM with the dome open a lot!
  • fence0407
    Options
    I cooked hot dogs last Thursday at my sons bd party. Damn I was soaked. Standing next to the MM with the dome open a lot!
    Gotta love the summer heat in GA! Shoot, just taking the dog out I'm drenched! 
    Cumming, GA  

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @fence0407 fantastic looking grub!

Phoenix 
  • fence0407
    Options
    blasting said:
    @fence0407 fantastic looking grub!

Thanks!
    Cumming, GA  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    looks great - reminds me I need to pull the wok out. 

keeping it in the kitchen cabinets was always a point of friction for us as it doesn't play nice with the other pots and pans, so we settled on hanging it on the wall of the garage next to the freezer.  other than a little dust that wipes right out, it keeps it
  • fence0407
    Options
    Legume said:
    looks great - reminds me I need to pull the wok out. 

keeping it in the kitchen cabinets was always a point of friction for us as it doesn't play nice with the other pots and pans, so we settled on hanging it on the wall of the garage next to the freezer.  other than a little dust that wipes right out, it keeps it
    Thanks! It was a tough sell here too. Had to line the cabinet with wax paper so I didn't ruin the inside of it. It'll last until things get rearranged. But hanging it in the garage isn't a bad idea. Thanks for the heads up!
    Cumming, GA  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options
    Looks good!  Wok and egg are like peanut butter & jelly.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fence0407
    Options
    Looks good!  Wok and egg are like peanut butter & jelly.
    Thanks! You're exactly right. Glad I was talked into getting one a little while back.
    Cumming, GA  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    It's been a scorcher for sure brother. The humidity has been off the charts as well. I'm starting to wonder if I'm just getting soft in my older age or was Al Gore right ;)
    Also, the grub looks like a winner to me my friend. Great job with the wok.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fence0407
    Options
    SGH said:
    fence0407 said:
    It's been a scorcher for sure brother. The humidity has been off the charts as well. I'm starting to wonder if I'm just getting soft in my older age or was Al Gore right ;)
    Also, the grub looks like a winner to me my friend. Great job with the wok.  
    Haha - it sure has been warm this year. And thanks! Keep telling myself to use it more often. Purchased Grace Young"s book so that has helped.
    Cumming, GA  

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Mine hangs in the garage as well. Works fine for us. We have limited cabinet space and I already take up a lot of it. :) of course I also do a lot of the cooking. 
  • fence0407
    Options
    Mine hangs in the garage as well. Works fine for us. We have limited cabinet space and I already take up a lot of it. :) of course I also do a lot of the cooking. 
    Good to know! 
    Cumming, GA  

• Trixie_Belle
    Trixie_Belle Posts: 163
    Options
    where do you purchase that type of wok?? 
    BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  
  • fence0407
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I bought mine online from http://www.wokshop.com. Excellent customer service. They can answer all of your questions and get you set up with the correct wok for your egg.

You will also need a "Spider" from the Ceramic Grill Store: http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/large-spider-big-green-egg.html. This is what the wok will sit on when you are cooking.

EDIT - my wok is a 16" hand-hammered carbon steel wok with "D" handles that fits my large egg.
    Cumming, GA  

• Trixie_Belle
    Trixie_Belle Posts: 163
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    I bought mine online from http://www.wokshop.com. Excellent customer service. They can answer all of your questions and get you set up with the correct wok for your egg.

You will also need a "Spider" from the Ceramic Grill Store: http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/large-spider-big-green-egg.html. This is what the wok will sit on when you are cooking.

EDIT - my wok is a 16" hand-hammered carbon steel wok with "D" handles that fits my large egg.

Oh dear....  My husband is already shaking his head at all the BGE stuff I'm buying.  
    BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Strong lookin wok event!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Trixie_Belle woks are cheap respective to the other stuff we buy. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I love it! Nice!
  • fence0407
    Options
    Strong lookin wok event!!
    Thanks Matt!
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407