Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Local Farmer's Market Fare

Options
Stopped by the local farmer's market earlier today to find some local meat. I did. And it was delicious. Stumbled upon some pork from the same guy from whom I bought my cow. Chops and Italian sausage...

I marinated the chops in some Tuscan Sun-dried Tomato marinade. It did not disappoint. 

And also my apologies for being absent from the Forum for a bit. I'll try and post more so I can get in on the sauce exchange next go-around!

"Quality and convenience are rarely seen walking hand in hand."- Alton Brown
LBGE
Northwest TN
1.jpg 46.8K
3.jpg 55.9K
4.jpg 34.6K

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yep, that'll do just fine. Nice!
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Great meal. It's awesome that you're supporting local farms and ranches. I can't wait until our local farmers market starts. Two more weeks. A local rancher sells grass-finished beef that is so tasty. There's also a family that sells Berkshire pork. I've only tried a tenderloin from them and wasn't sure if the taste was for me. I plan to try a couple of different cuts this year to give Berkshire another go.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • toothologist
    Options
    I've been interested in trying the different heritage breeds of pork, but so far nothing except Duroc. It was good, but Berkshire is on my list. If I ever get my hands on any, I'll be sure to post the cook!
    LBGE
    Northwest TN
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Great meal. It's awesome that you're supporting local farms and ranches. I can't wait until our local farmers market starts. Two more weeks. A local rancher sells grass-finished beef that is so tasty. There's also a family that sells Berkshire pork. I've only tried a tenderloin from them and wasn't sure if the taste was for me. I plan to try a couple of different cuts this year to give Berkshire another go.
    Have you ever asked them about buying "off season"; when the framer's market is not in session? I have a local beef and chicken guy that I often buy from all year round.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Great looking meal. Not sure I've ever seen such white mashed potatoes!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    @TexanOfTheNorth They are in the process of opening their own store in town so people can purchase it year around. I'm super excited.  (and also your avatar is awesome)
    LBGE
    Northwest TN