Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Loin Chops

Options
Had a craving for some lamb so I picked up a package of loin chops while at Sam's Club. Nothing special to the chops just some Lawry's Garlic Salt. Put them on a 400 indirect and let the temp climb to 500, then switched to raised direct - should have gone lower - to finish them off and get a little color. Roasted indirect until 130 then direct until 135. Wife and chids had chicken although gave a bite to the older son and he said yum that is amazing! Never told him it was lamb so he would maybe eat it again. Plated with some little potatoes that were roasted before the protein in a pan with canola oil, salt, pepper and crushed garlic.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks delicious!  Love lamb!  Good cook. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Two thumbs up!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Looks real good! They will thank you one day for all the variety of food they've tried good or bad
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    Looks real good! They will thank you one day for all the variety of food they've tried good or bad
    Until they grow up and find out it's not all "chicken"  =)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @bgebrent - Thanks!

NW IA

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth - Thanks! The older boy does real well with eating just about anything. The younger one............ NOT SO MUCH.........

NW IA

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    @WeberWho? Thanks - I sure hope so because sometimes dinner is a tad stressful and they probably have gone to bed hungry a time or two.

NW IA

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    @WeberWho? Thanks - I sure hope so because sometimes dinner is a tad stressful and they probably have gone to bed hungry a time or two.
    That's how it went at my parents house. You ate what they made or you went to bed hungry. I can't thank them enough for that. Check back in 10 years with their eating habits. They will be finishing off their second plate going for thirds!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota