Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with Ribs - 2-2-1 Method - Do I need to monitor Internal Temp

Options
jwfortune
jwfortune Posts: 4
I smoked my first batch of ribs on my new BGE Sunday for 4.5 hours at about 220 degrees - low and slow.  I didn't turn up the heat to the recommended 250 to 260 because I noted the internal temp of the ribs getting up to 200 degrees when I wrapped them in foil on the second 2 hours.

Should I not worry if the internal temp on the ribs get too high on a rib smoke?

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No, internal temp is something you don't bother with on ribs ... it's a 2-2-1 cook. They are done when they pass the 'bend' test at about 4.5 hrs.

Myself, I do my BB's @ 275 straight thru for about 4.5 hrs, no spritzing, no looking, no nothin' ... I just let the egg do it's thing.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.