Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini max owners, carrier or no carrier when parked at home

SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
I saw a pic of the minimax out of the carrier and I must say i thought it looked great without. Taking a break from it since not traveling much with it right now (or ever :i_dunno:) . How  is yours parked at home? Carrier, out of the carrier, table?

BTW i notice my handle alignment is off, dealer put it together so not going to tinker with it anytime soon.

Seattle, WA

Comments

• Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    What would be the benefit of removing it from the carrier?  You still need an air gap  
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    In the carrier on a cart. It stays in the carrier. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DutchMiniMax
    DutchMiniMax Posts: 129
    I keep mine mobile meaning on a plank of wood with four wheels! (Simular like you would use To move a closet or something)
    BGE MiniMax Rocks!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited June 2015
    Proser said:
    What would be the benefit of removing it from the carrier?  You still need an air gap  
    Do you? I've seen pics of it straight on a table tile heat resistant cooking. I almost just set it in the dirt but is the air gap a must?
    Seattle, WA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    In the carrier, I'm too lazy to switch back and forth. Plus it sits on a plastic workstand when I'm traveling or using my table. 
  • I like it in the nest, that way it can be moved easily if need be.
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    SkinnyV said:
    Proser said:
    Do you? I've seen pics of it straight on a table tile heat resistant cooking. I almost just set it in the dirt but is the air gap a must?
    I know every other size needs a gap. Just assumed the mm would too
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Proser said:
    SkinnyV said:
    Proser said:
    I know every other size needs a gap. Just assumed the mm would too

The bottom does get hot just like any other BGE. As far as an air gap I guess if the surface it's sitting on is non-combustible then you would have no worries. No different than any other BGE.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Mine always stays in his suit. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    It has never left the carrier. It's just too heavy even at its size to take in and out. 
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Agreed.  I see no reason to take it out of the nest.  I'm constantly lifting mine from the table to take the cover off the table, etc. 
    I have realized that if I take out the woo, stone, and platesetter it's much easier to lift and carry around.  I'll be taking mine with me to Florida in a month or so and will remove these pieces and the guts to carry it around and cook on it while there.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    YEMTrey said:
    Agreed.  I see no reason to take it out of the nest.  I'm constantly lifting mine from the table to take the cover off the table, etc. 
    I have realized that if I take out the woo, stone, and platesetter it's much easier to lift and carry around.  I'll be taking mine with me to Florida in a month or so and will remove these pieces and the guts to carry it around and cook on it while there.
    Where in FL? Will be headed to Seaside on the 3rd with mine and the house we are renting  has a Large. I don't have to lug a Large 1600 miles round trip. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• dboram
    dboram Posts: 54
    I took mine out of the carrier and it is sitting on a medium table nest (perfect fit). I am in the process of constructing concrete pedestals for 2 larges and the MM. I simply wanted the same look across the 3 eggs when stationed at mi casa.  When we take the show on the road, it's easy to slide it in the carrier and head out.
    Houston, Texas
    Large, MiniMax, and another Large.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Mickey said:
    In this weeks episode of Pimp My Egg, please give a warm welcome to @Mickey
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Mickey said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Where in FL? Will be headed to Seaside on the 3rd with mine and the house we are renting  has a Large. I don't have to lug a Large 1600 miles round trip. 
    We are heading to New Smyrna Beach the first week of August. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    In the carrier on a cart...actually the exact same cart as @NPHuskerFL so I can move it in and out of the screened porch.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA