Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fall off bone baby backs

Thats what the wife wants.   How do i get there?

I usually do turbo ribs till meet puuls back and bend test. But she likes fall off bone.  

Thanks 

XL   Walled Lake, MI

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,718
    Wrap them, then overcook them.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    2 hours rub 2 hours foil 1 hour sauce 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Agree with Chubbs. just finished doing 2 racks, they were very good.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Using bend test you say done when they bend 90 degrees right? Wait till then bend 90 degrees and rip apart. That's how I cook for my parents who like fall off the bone. Don't have to foil just cook 30 minutes longer.
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    3-1-1 works awesome for fall off the bone baby backs. Disagree with me if ya want, but two hours in foil is way too much for baby backs. One hour max is plenty enough. I usually go 3-1-.5
    NW IOWA
  • Navigator
    Navigator Posts: 56
    I agree with @Philly35 Today I did 3 - 1.5 -.5 and put in my notes to do 3-1-.5 next time.
    Rich
    Ashland, WI  /  Large & Mini Max
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    As above, the sure-fire way to get the "fall off the bone" result is to foil them for at least an hour.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    When you foil them for an hour to hour and half, add in apple juice and butter for them to cook in.  This will make them even juicer.

I am in the same boat,I prefer my ribs to have some pull back, but my wife like fall of the bone.  With baby backs at 250, 3-1.5-.5 is about the right combination to be in the middle where we were both happy.

Like stated above, however you cook them, a good final determination is the bend test, but they start fall apart when they bend.
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • Adrock
    Adrock Posts: 93
    Finish them for an hour or two in a foil pan with a cup of apple juice, sealed tight with foil. 
    Victoria, MN