Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket

Options
Firemedic183
Firemedic183 Posts: 197
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone.  This is my first post in quite awhile. I decided to try a brisket flat on the Big Green Egg for the very first time.  I have never done any cooking on the egg that takes longer than an hour at most.  I watched a video on youtube entitled Brisket on the Big Green Egg: Franklin BBQ method, and closely followed his instructions.  I was really nervous as I had the brisket fat cap side down up until I realized my mistake and it was 160 degrees.  I took it off of the egg, took it inside, seasoned the fat cap side, and placed it back on the egg.  I thought I had really messed it up.  I took it off at 175 degrees and wrapped it in butcher paper and let it cook to 203 internal temp as suggested in the video.  I took the brisket off of the egg and FTC in a Yeti cooler for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  You can see how it turned out.  Best brisket I have ever had in my life.  I take no credit...All credit goes to the egg and FlamingRoosterBBQ from youtube.  I can't wait to do another one.  It was a complete success and hit with the fiancé and future in-laws.  With that being said, if anyone has any suggestions on how to do things better, or any additional tips or tricks, please let me know.  The brisket flat was purchased at Sam's Club.  It was 7.11lbs.  Total cook time was 8 hours and 15 minutes exactly.  Here are the pictures.  For some reason they are in reverse order...and I tried to put the link to the youtube video, but was not able to get it to work.  I guess I better post more to figure out how be more efficient.  

Persistence and determination are omnipotent!

Comments