Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Chili Cheese Totchos

Options

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Pretty sure anything involving tots and cheese is most surely on topic even if a Egg wasn't involved.  I mean they are quite possibly the worlds perfect side...
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Those look great!  And for a main!! =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    That is a perfect idea. No wonder I can't lose any weight if im on here daily
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @Dyal_SC Man that looks great.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    you can always grill the tots :)
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Tots off the chain !!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Man that looks awesome. Nice job. Funny thing. There is a restaurant in Atlanta that has trademarked the name "Totchos". Wish I had thunk of it. 

Edit: wait a second...are you at The Nook? 

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
     Beautiful. Just beautiful. I want some! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    On point. Good stuff right there. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    You're killing me Craig!  Nice work. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    You are my new hero.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Thx y'all!  @ksmyrl , didn't realize someone had "totchos" trademarked.  ;)@Griffin , I'd figure you'd like this post.  Had a leftover plate of them for lunch today.  
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    They are awesome, you inspired me to make some tonight. A good friend of mine opened a restaurant in ATL a few years ago. He really wanted to serve nachos but the chef told him he didn't have room in the kitchen for the chips. My friend said "figure it out". The chef said "no, not unless you want to put the stuff on tater tots". They both looked at other and the idea was "born" more or less. Check out their site, you'll see the TM on the menu.

I'm not saying you can't call em totchos. I just think it's a cool story. My friend is a genius marketer and has gotten rich with simple ideas like these. Click on "food" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://thenookatlanta.com/

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    @ksmyrl , there are a lot of restaurants that serve "Totchos" that use that name.  Your friend's restaurant looks like they serve up some great stuff.  I have a lot of friends in the ATL area.  I'll hafta give them a heads up.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    tots are my new favorite vegitable
    Phoenix 
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    @ksmyrl , there are a lot of restaurants that serve "Totchos" that use that name.  Your friend's restaurant looks like they serve up some great stuff.  I have a lot of friends in the ATL area.  I'll hafta give them a heads up.
    Maybe so...but not legally. It is a great bar. I had totchos  tonight...awesome. I agree. My new favorite side. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    How about some crumbled bacon added to that MASTERPIECE?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.