Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rub & Sauce Change - What happens next....

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
You received an e-mail around 7am from Elfster letting you know who your Draw is. Please keep it a secret...the mystery of opening an anonymous package will make this more enjoyable. 

Product - please remember to send a minimum of $35 worth of product.  Many go over, which is perfectly okay, but you're not expected to.  Have fun with it and send something you would love to open up and use.

Wish List - If your recipient has a Wish List, please review and respect their wishes, even if they're MSG and Gluten Free. JK  :P

Packing - please ensure bottles of sauce are packaged appropriately. One trick I've seen is wrapping it in a few layers of bubble wrap or several layers if newspaper. The last thing we want want is for your recipient to open their package and be greeted by a huge mess. Use plenty of peanuts. Please include a note identifying you (use your forum handle) as their Elfster. 

Shipping - Feel free to mail your care package as soon as it's ready.  Please try to mail no later than June 29th so your draw can use your rubs & sauces for their July 4th cooks (msg me if you are unable to send by deadline). The sooner the better as it will allow you to select the slowest and cheapest shipping rate possible.

Showoff - I will make a showoff thread for recipients to post pictures of their care package.  THIS IS REQUIRED as most sending packages are very proud of what they sent you!  Thanks in advance for complying.

Last but not least, if you're not completely happy with your product, please don't embarrass someone and just be grateful for what you have received.  The really big packages are a lottery and not guaranteed.

Big thanks to all participants!!
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    thanks for doing this @cazzy
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    @cazzy , keep draw secret until the package is received or is it okay to sign our name in the package?  Or, should it be totally anonymous and leave the name off return address and such?

All good either way, just want to follow the pattern.  It's my first exchange and looking forward to it!

LBGE/Maryland
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Thanks a million @cazzy - this is a blast and much appreciated.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • cazzy
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    @cazzy , keep draw secret until the package is received or is it okay to sign our name in the package?  Or, should it be totally anonymous and leave the name off return address and such?

All good either way, just want to follow the pattern.  It's my first exchange and looking forward to it!

Include a note with your handle in the package.  
  • cazzy
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Please remember to include your forum handle in the package so your draw knows who got them.  Some even write letters explaining why they sent what they sent and what they love it on.  Really cool!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    After seeing who I drew, I feel that this may be rigged instead of random ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    My Elfster asked a question and for whatever reason I'm unable to answer their question. So....no allergies, game for whatever, sweet, spicy, it's all good. Variety is awesome. Thank you in advance. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    My Elfster asked a question and for whatever reason I'm unable to answer their question. So....no allergies, game for whatever, sweet, spicy, it's all good. Variety is awesome. Thank you in advance. 
    Blow up dolls?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @tarheelmatt :pensive:  
    Wrong Elfster exchange buddy. :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I thought I seen addresses, but can't find them now. How do I get my guys/gals address?

Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @stemc33 open the email and it'll guide you. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stemc33
    Options
    Duh...I knew  I seen it somewhere. Thanks @NPHuskerFL
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    got mine boxed up ready to go, will ship tomorrow
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • SGH
    Options
    I have opened it numerous times and still don't see it. Any help is much appreciated. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    edited June 2015
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have opened it numerous times and still don't see it. Any help is much appreciated. 
    When you follow the link to find out your buddy from your email. Click more below the Follow button that is below their name. Below is a pic. I would've showed more but it would of revealed who I have. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33
    Options
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    Options
    @stemc33  - I got it now brother. Thanks so much for the help, it's much appreciated.  

Status- Standing by.

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    @tarheelmatt :pensive:  
    Wrong Elfster exchange buddy. :lol: 
    I swear I thought of that same thing tonight.  How funny would it be if someone got a box of dildos and sex toys as part of the exchange.

"WTF?!?!  Elfster must have mixed up the lists!"  :lol:

LBGE/Maryland
  • cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:
    @stemc33  - I got it now brother. Thanks so much for the help, it's much appreciated.  
    Thanks for helping Scottie out @stemc33 was slacking off watching The Finals!    :)
  • stemc33
    Options
    Sent my box off today. I'm using the brown truck(UPS) this go round. I packaged at the shipping store. Here's a tip for you fellow EggHeads:

Sometimes the shipping stores have airbags, bubble wrap, or peanuts in the back for free. The lady that helped me said tons of people are donating used packing materials in an effort to recycle. Might be a local thing but it's worth checking out. Packing materials aren't cheap. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    My box shipped out today.  Basic, but very Texas-appropriate (if those two words can ever go together).

This is a great idea, and I had a fun time pulling it together.  If my elfee doesn't dig it, I hope they just send it back to me.

J
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    Did you take a picture of it?
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    no, should I have? I just dropped it off.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • cazzy
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    no, should I have? I just dropped it off.
    You don't need to.  Your draw is responsible for taking a pic and posting it.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Good. Mine went out the door about an hour ago. No pics. 
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    Mine is on the way. Monday delivery
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    You boys are on the ball.  I still have some shopping to do.   Hoping to get mine out first of next week

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    I'm with shucker. Was waiting until I saw my draws wishlist before buying. And I have to drive about an hour to get the stuff. Some things are not so great about living in the country.
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    jls9595 said:
    Did you take a picture of it?
    No, just curious. I guess the rule is the recipient needs to take a pic. I misread, sorry.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    The rubs have left the building!