Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has anyone ever cooked ribs and reheated several days later?

Options
I am heading out on a fishing trip in Northern Minnesota this weekend. I was thinking about smoking some ribs Friday night. Vacuum  sealing and refrigerating them after cooking them. Reheating them in the oven on Sunday to serve for dinner. I do not think they will hold 180degrees in my Pelican and be safe to eat for that long. Any thoughts?

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Yes to the thread title. Do this quite often and they are perfect like that even a week later especially if they were vac sealed. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    I do it all the time, my wife says they taste better the next day. I typically wrap them in foil after they cool down and just reheat them when needed.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    We do it all the time for fishing trips.  We finish/re-heat them on the grill, but an oven will work fine too.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Um, I'm doing it in an hour. 

Cooked a slab two nights ago. SWMBO is OOT. 

Ate a rib for as an app before my leftover Jerk Wings last night.

Hitting the remaining ribs tonight. Will nuke for 40 seconds and have some Daddy Sam's nearby.

#deliciousness #lickyourfngers 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Yes, many times,reheat in oven, or nuked. Even cold their good!
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "