Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Any thoughts on last nights GOT

Options
I got a kick out of the comments last week on this.

Comments

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    I was aggravated that nobody mentioned what kind of wood they used to roast the little princess!
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    Last week was all about Ice, this week was all about Fire. Great episode. 
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    I thought the ending was really predictable.  Not my favorite season so far.  Only two episodes left and the Arya plotline is sooooo slow.  Her plotline was what I was most excited for this season,  hopefully it picks up.  This season has been a real slow burn.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The only thing that I have to offer is that blonde Queen is super good looking.  :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Found the burning at stake to be really disturbing, not in a "I'm boycotting the show" way, more it just made me very uncomfortable... hoping that her dad gets his ass kicked and the red witch dies in an equally horrible way
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    hapster said:
    Found the burning at stake to be really disturbing, not in a "I'm boycotting the show" way, more it just made me very uncomfortable... hoping that her dad gets his ass kicked and the red witch dies in an equally horrible way
    I agree Hap. That was a disturbing scene that went on a little long for my taste. A good show nonetheless and another great episode
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • DinnerIsComing
    Options
    It's disturbing but it's meant to make us question our own support for the character.

In this story, true heroes are hard to come by. Lest we forget Stannis has turned into a religious whack job, at least in the TV series. Burning people alive is not new for him.
    Brace yourself,
    DinnerIsComing
     XLBGE
    22" Weber Kettle
    Weber Spirit E-310 Propane Gasser
    The Webers make for nice Eggcessory storage bins!

• SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    Options
    SGH said:
    The only thing that I have to offer is that blonde Queen is super good looking.  :D
    SGH - ITA!  You must have missed all of my obsessed ramblings about Daenery's in the other thread.  I'm completely and TOTALLY obsessed with this girl..and when she rode off on the back of a dragon this ep? Seriously?  She needed to turn that beast around and immolate some of the bad guys attacking her, Jorah and the rest.  THAT would've been awesome..
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • Helmet
    Helmet Posts: 163
    Options
    I've been thinking for a while that for all the Red Priestess talks about the lord of light that I think we'll end up finding out that she could (possibly intentionally) actually be working for the "Other" god. The shadow baby was the first thing that made me think this. Then I got more suspicious when the White Walker walked right by those flames in HardHome...and now she has convinced Stannis to kill his own daughter. I can't WAIT to see how Davos reacts when he finds out. I have some weird feeling that Davos will somehow end up being who Stannis thinks he's destined to be. 
    I think that the Arya story is intentionally being slow to try to keep the pace, as to not get too far ahead. I think (just speculation) that they need to have her there for a while in order for her ultimate storyline (where she'll go after Bravos) to come back in at the right time relative to everything else that is happening. 
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
  • DinnerIsComing
    Options
    In Melisandre's POV in the book, you learn that she is not working for the others nor is she particularly evil. She is a religious fanatic that feels her work is truly for the salvation of mankind.
    Brace yourself,
    DinnerIsComing
     XLBGE
    22" Weber Kettle

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited June 2015
    Options

@DinnerIsComing : EXCELLENT sobriquet!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Sardonicus
    edited June 2015
    Options

=)Hilarious! =)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• DinnerIsComing
    DinnerIsComing Posts: 63
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Sardonicus thanks!  =)

I think someone should buy this for Stannis as a father's day gift.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sxHCtdyaL._AA160_.jpg
    Brace yourself,
    DinnerIsComing
     XLBGE
    22" Weber Kettle

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I've watched the first episode of season 1 about 3 times but can't seem to get into it.  Am I missing something?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • CanadianQ
    CanadianQ Posts: 8
    Options
    I got the impression that Davos knew what he was going to do all along. He tried to convince Stannis to let him take the wife and daughter with him back to the Wall and the little scene talking to the princess about the book she was reading was basically his goodbye to her.

Guelph, ON, Canada
  • Helmet
    Helmet Posts: 163
    Options
    I got that same impression @CanadianQ but then i was thinking about how he reacted/what he did during that whole Gendry situation - who he didn't even know. 
    @ChillyWillis - That is freakin HILARIOUS! Can't wait to share.
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
  • Sardonicus
    Options
    Am I missing something?
    No doubt.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    I've watched the first episode of season 1 about 3 times but can't seem to get into it.  Am I missing something?

@GATraveller, try 2 or 3 more episodes.  For me, it is all about character development.  I don't watch much TV so I'm no expert, but I really like how they develop the complex characters - and that combined with the obvious storylines just makes for good viewing.  If, after a few more episodes, you are not into it, don't sweat it and move along.  

Some people don't like brisket the first time they try it, but most come around eventually. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I thought the part in Mereen was really strong - it is great that that thread has picked up since Tyrion got to town. 

The Shireen part was the closest my wife has come to walking out on the show; I really hope that leads to a sack of Winterfell next episode, I would hate to wait a year to get something good out of that scene.  The preview for the finale looks really strong.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @foghorn - thanks.  I'll give it a shot.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Yes I love it, I appreciate the slow build. I had to go online to figure out who the hell Arya was following around. Their dedication to character development and how you see supposed throwaway characters later in the show reminds me of the Wire which was the greatest show ever to me. 

If you didn't get into it off of the first few episodes you should dedicate yourself to season 1. If you aren't into it after that, I don't know if we can be friends.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:

@GATraveller, try 2 or 3 more episodes.  For me, it is all about character development.  I don't watch much TV so I'm no expert, but I really like how they develop the complex characters - and that combined with the obvious storylines just makes for good viewing.  If, after a few more episodes, you are not into it, don't sweat it and move along.  

Some people don't like brisket the first time they try it, but most come around eventually. 
    Totally agree here. I watched half of episode one, thought it was stupid, turned it off and didn't watch again for over a year. Same with the wife. I'm so hooked now it's kind of sad. It's the only weekly show I've followed in years. I always wash out of shows I have to follow- I just lose interest after a few episodes. I think the last one I followed like this was Rome on HBO. That was awesome too. 

Episode 1 is not a great setup for what it's all really about. I didn't get it for several more episodes. Takes a while for them to get their hooks in you but it's really good once they do.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • platypusrex
    platypusrex Posts: 225
    Options
    Great site for serious GOT fans... https://grantland.com/tags/ask-the-maester/
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SmokyBear
    She is breath taking for sure. This may come as a total surprise, but she is one of my very favorites. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Trust @GATravellerme you won't be able to stop watching after Ned Starks "trial".  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Acn
    Options
    Dany is a more interesting character, but for my money Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) is the best looking actress they have:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I dunno @Acn what about Briene of Tarth 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Acn
    Options
    @grillin_beers - if that's what you're into, I won't judge you.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options

I have watched the entire series and going through it a second time while I wait for new episodes. 

The last episode was so disturbing with the burning and intense with the rescue by the dragon.

Love GOT!

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.