Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Cook that Didn't Happen because I didn't get pics

Options
Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
 We had my daughter,granddaughter and daughters BF down for supper tonight and evidently I was playing to hard to remember to take pics. Sorry guys I think my Payten trumped you tonight!!  
   The meal was fresh ground burgers made from chuck & sirloin(unbelievable good). 2 had Sriracha and Pepperjack cheese,2 had Cheddar and 3 were plain. I also did Octodogs for my granddaughter,which she played with more than she ate. Sides were tots and I did manage to get on pic of the Tot Shots.  These had applewood bacon,a healthy shot of Sriracha and some Pepperjack cheese on top in the ring where the bacon was wider than the tots.  4 or 5 were just wrapped in bacon 

Only pic I got tonight. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    what's an octodog?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    If you say it happened I believe you brother. The part that I can see looks great. The part that I can't see sure sounds like a winner to me. Great job.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• beachsmoke
    beachsmoke Posts: 644
    Options
    I believe it was real sounds great the egg brings family friends and great food what else do we need
    Large egg panhandle of florida
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    what's an octodog?
    A sliced hot dog that looks like an octopus.  This is just a pic from the internet since I didn't take any pics  

analyze adapt overcome

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Much to do about nothing....

Jacksonville FL
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Same experience here but it was unexpected guests that led to my lack of photos. Did a brisket and wasn't expecting anyone but my family. Then my wife's best friend her two children and fiance ended up staying for dinner. No problem, I enjoy their company, however I ended up slicing the brisket earlier then I wanted to as it was getting a little late for dinner. Not sure I could have hit a shutter button or my phone as charred as my finger tips were. Only pic I took... nearly 10 hours before I pulled it...
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    Sometimes life takes over, I guess.  I tried to label the thread to lower expectations of pics for those who gotta have 'em.  

@Scottborasjr - how'd the brisket turn out?

analyze adapt overcome

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Oh it was damn good. I'm always satisfied but when you have four kids ages 3, 9, 10, and 12 eat everything you put in front of them you know you did something right. Brisket tacos with the left overs tomorrow!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

I don't know whether to believe you or not... maybe I will only believe that you made some tot shots...

Just kidding. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with the family, and the grub hit the mark. Did you cook the tots first, or were they wrapped and cooked from frozen?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.