Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-all you sports junkies...today is a smorgasbord

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,337
College baseball super regionals now (and later), UEFA (soccer) Championship at 2:45 PM EDT (Fox) ; Belmont around 6:50 PM (EDT) (NBC) immediately followed by game 2 of the Stanley Cup, (also NBC).  For the doldrums of June this is a real banquet.  Enjoy!
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Also Miguel Cotto vs Daniel Geale tonight on HBO for the middleweight title. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Also, the Women's World Cup kicks off today, although the U.S. Doesn't play until Monday.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Also baseball.  Great day for it in DC, except the Nats lost to the Cubs.  
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    And tomorrow is game 2 of the NBA finals. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Naw....I miss football. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited June 2015
    Options
    We have a Triple Crown winner. American Pharoah wins The Belmont Stakes to end the drought. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Acn said:
    Also, the Women's World Cup kicks off today, although the U.S. Doesn't play until Monday.
    Really? 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    SGH said:
    We have a Triple Crown winner. American Pharoah wins The Belmont Stakes to end the drought. 
    And it wasn't close! Awesome!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That was a good ole fashioned azz whoopin. When he took lead out the gate I got up for another beer. Came back when everyone was shouting. He would have won by 25 horses if track were .25 miles longer
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    Amazing race for sure. If you haven't watched this is some time it brings chills to you.  When the announcer says "Secretariat looks like a tremendous machine" it is awesome.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCMtaNiMDM

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Acn
    Options
    Lit said:
    Acn said:
    Really? 
    Really really.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Amazing race for sure. If you haven't watched this is some time it brings chills to you.  When the announcer says "Secretariat looks like a tremendous machine" it is awesome.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCMtaNiMDM
    That line, "down goes Frazier" and "do you believe in miracles?" Are the three greatest lines in US sports history.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    There's only two sports seasons. Football season and Waiting on Football season! 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    There's only two sports seasons. Football season and Waiting on Football season! 
    Love football, although being a NY Giants fan for over 50 years some say I really have no idea, but you gotta get out more. There are so many fantastic sports and yesterday was non-stop live and PVR all you can eat buffet.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I usually do not have much time on weekends for televised sports, but man, when I do, FOOTBALL !!!!!!  It is a sport I played for 12 years of my life, coached for 8 years, and miss it everyday.EVERYFREAKIN'DAY.

@DoubleEgger-I like the way you think on seasons. If I may add just one more to the list, for college anyway: Spring Training, and wait one more, draft day, and yeah, the beginning of preseason....wait maybe one more.... 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @YukonRon - you sound like the majority of Canadians - just substitute Hockey for Football! =)
    Ever get to watch any CFL? I wish we had the market to draw larger crowds and hence get better players. I like many of the CFL rules, field size and huge end zones. You have any thoughts?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I agree with @Skiddymarker.. I love the NFL, I'm a season ticket holder, I watch the draft, I read OTA and training camp updates etc, but I also don't limit myself.  

It's hard not to watch the NBA finals, I mean Steph Curry and Co vs LeBron is a series my kids are watching with me. My lil ones were singing e40s warriors song yesterday, and if you read anything about Steph Curry it becomes hard to not like the guy. 

Oakland Athletics baseball is another story. . We will save that for another time. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @YukonRon - you sound like the majority of Canadians - just substitute Hockey for Football! =)
    Ever get to watch any CFL? I wish we had the market to draw larger crowds and hence get better players. I like many of the CFL rules, field size and huge end zones. You have any thoughts?
    I have indeed watched CFL. I have had a kid that was from my high school team, years ago, that made it to the CFL when Edmonton was really strong. I do like some of the rules, love motion prior to the snap, the extra length of the field and end zones too. If you have a defense that can stop that, you have the CFL champion. 
    I love defense. I love line play. I loved the way Ohio State neutralized the Oregon's defensive speed with counter traps, I could go on and on and on........
    I think the CFL has an excellent product, but it has to compete with Hockey, and in Canada that is hard to do.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Love football, although being a NY Giants fan for over 50 years some say I really have no idea, but you gotta get out more. There are so many fantastic sports and yesterday was non-stop live and PVR all you can eat buffet.  
    I've tried them all over the years. Baseball is like watching paint dry. Too many games so individual games are meaningless. I gave up basketball after it went thug years ago. David Stern lost control of the league. When there's a chance I could get into a brawl with a NBA player..... No thanks. Hockey wasn't made for Southerners so that's that. 

The only thing left is the pigskin. (Except for some key golf tournaments). 

• Acn
    Options
    I've tried them all over the years. Baseball is like watching paint dry. Too many games so individual games are meaningless. I gave up basketball after it went thug years ago. David Stern lost control of the league. When there's a chance I could get into a brawl with a NBA player..... No thanks. Hockey wasn't made for Southerners so that's that. 

The only thing left is the pigskin. (Except for some key golf tournaments). 

Yep, football is the most exciting 11 minutes you can get out of that 3 hour time commitment.  Speaking of paint drying.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    @ACN - yeah but those 11 minutes are so exciting! I do love football, lately I've been starting the PVR at 1:00Pm, starting to watch at 2:30 or so and voila, end the game in real time. 
    @DoubleEgger - Golf? Really? Talking about watching paint dry - If you are playing, whole different game. 
    @YukonRon - my favourite rule is no fair catch...everything is run back, and using the college hash marks uses the whole field. We do get a lot of US players that didn't make the NFL cut, the guy you knew must have been pretty talented to make when the Eskimos pretty much had their way in the CFL. 

My favourite was when Joe Thiesman (then QB for the Argos) settled under the centre, didn't like the look of the defence, stepped back and motioned to call time. The official just slowly shook his head from side to side indicating you can't do that - I think it was a wide receiver who came over and quickly told Joe to run the play...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options

@Skiddymarker- I can appreciate the NY Football Giants as we have discussed  before but for the record I don't give any time to the No Fun League until the playoffs.  And yes it is a challenge to get from the WS to the NFL end-game but that's where the BGE saves me!  As it does every weekend-SWMBO 
    eggscape time is worth every minute!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @ACN - yeah but those 11 minutes are so exciting! I do love football, lately I've been starting the PVR at 1:00Pm, starting to watch at 2:30 or so and voila, end the game in real time. 
    @DoubleEgger - Golf? Really? Talking about watching paint dry - If you are playing, whole different game. 
    @YukonRon - my favourite rule is no fair catch...everything is run back, and using the college hash marks uses the whole field. We do get a lot of US players that didn't make the NFL cut, the guy you knew must have been pretty talented to make when the Eskimos pretty much had their way in the CFL. 

My favourite was when Joe Thiesman (then QB for the Argos) settled under the centre, didn't like the look of the defence, stepped back and motioned to call time. The official just slowly shook his head from side to side indicating you can't do that - I think it was a wide receiver who came over and quickly told Joe to run the play...
    Cool story about Joe.

The fellow, if memory serves me right, was drafted by the Colts, got seriously clocked in practice and injured his knee. Out early in training camp, then cut. Got a call from Edmonton, showed up the next day, to meet with management, except they went to his agents office. They found out where he was in Edmonton, told him to stay, he slept in the car, at the airport, and picked them up, with his agent, contract was finalized on the way to the field. A very good person. It was great to see it work out for him. He had some interest from other teams from time to time from other NFL teams, but he remembered how those guys did everything they could do to give him a home and a team. Spent his entire career there. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    The world Junior tourney is always over the Xmas New Year time frame, so us hockey nuts get a little something extra between WS and the Crazy Bowl. 
    For us on the left coast, this is in the middle of the 4 month monsoon season, the BGE is one of the few reasons I have to leave the recliner.