Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anniversary Scallops

Options
Thanks to @CPARKTX and @KiterTodd for their recipes and steps for doing scallops on the Egg. SWMBO requested some seafood for our anniversary so I decided to do Scallops using the aforementioned information. This was my first attempt of scallops so I was a little leery but went for it anyway. Tried to keep the Egg at about 475-500° and had the cast iron warm up on the Egg once it was at 350°. Started with sauteing the red onions in olive oil and S & P. Also did prosciutto wrapped asparagus (not pictured) at this time as well. Once those were done I put in the scallops with butter, olive oil, and sea salt (figured that was appropriate). I did 3 minutes on one side, 4 on the other which may have been a little too long, though SWMBO thought they were great. I deviated from the recipe slightly by adding balsamic vinegar and a little Parmesan cheese.Paired with a 2006 Mumm Napa DVX Sparkling they were pretty darn good. Next time I might pull them a little earlier but overall I was happy with the first effort. Thanks for looking have a great weekend,

Cheers,
Chris
St. Louis, MO
Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn

Comments