Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picked up a MiniMax

Options
I picked up a MiniMax today and broke it in tonight :)
I didn't want to get it too hot with new gaskets so no great grill marks. I did take it up to about 550º. I can get used to how fast this thing lights compared to my Large.
Also tried the Rockwood Lump for the first time and it seems much better than anything I have tried in the past.

Rich
Ashland, WI  /  Large & Mini Max

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Club....welcome and congrats
    Seattle, WA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Awesome looking first cook!

i just ordered my "surprise" Fathers Day gift, supposedly arriving next Tuesday - a minimax with all the tools! I will be so  appreciative to my children, I will do the inaugural cook in their honor Their thoughtfulness and consideration towards me, in celebration of the day that recognizes appreciation for the male species, who both help create and provides endless streams of cash to his well loved children, brings forth an appreciative tear, I must say.
    Being a Dad is not without benefit, just being without cash.

Congrats, and most of all, enjoy!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Awesome looking first cook!

i just ordered my "surprise" Fathers Day gift, supposedly arriving next Tuesday - a minimax with all the tools! I will be so  appreciative to my children, I will do the inaugural cook in their honor Their thoughtfulness and consideration towards me, in celebration of the day that recognizes appreciation for the male species, who both help create and provides endless streams of cash to his well loved children, brings forth an appreciative tear, I must say.
    Being a Dad is not without benefit, just being without cash.

Congrats, and most of all, enjoy!
    You are, in deed, a rich man. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Welcome to the MM club. Great looking meal!  Beautiful view :sunglasses: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Love the view!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Wow - that shot of the two eggs on that backdrop is forever etched in my mind. Nice cook too!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Navigator
    Navigator Posts: 56
    Options
    Thanks guys, I really like it. Just burgers on it tonight. I did order a KAB and some GrillGrates. I have always been wanting to try the GrillGrates so I guess this was the least expensive size to try :)
    Rich
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    The woo really makes the MM better. Then the grate won't slide around.  Welcome to the MM aka Baby egg club.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    +1 on @mtbguy WOO is pure $ on the MM. Mine stays in there. I like being able to spin the grid around on the WOO like a manual rotisserie too. I wish it had already been released when I bought mine. If it had I wouldn't have bothered with the PS and just went with WOO, 2 stones and the pan. Can't beat it. I also have thus far liked the KAB in the MM. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Navigator
    Navigator Posts: 56
    Options
    I just ordered the woo combo. My plate setter is still in the box so I'll just eBay it
    Rich