Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a small, but I have a question

Options
I have had an XL for three years and I want to add a small now. My local dealer, who I want to support, probably has old stock. Have there been any significant changes in the past two years, or maybe more, that I would want to make sure that I have?

The dealer helped me in the past year with a quick warranty replacement for a cracked platesetter. Good customer service place, but grills/smokers are not their #1 priority. TIA.
Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
Northern CA

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Double check and see if the thermometer is Tel-Tru brand. Big Green Egg changed all the grids over to stainless.  If it doesn't have the new grid and thermometer ask if you can get a price cut
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • North_Is_Up
    North_Is_Up Posts: 137
    Options
    Thanks. I work across the street from the dealer. They are checking for stainless and a Tel-Tru. 
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    Northern CA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Spark screen on lower vent is only other thing I can think of besides the above and it can be easily added.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • North_Is_Up
    North_Is_Up Posts: 137
    Options
    Thanks folks. Got the small delivered today. Has all of the above. Good complement to an XL. 
    Compared to the XL, I feel that this is the Matchbox version. 

XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    Northern CA