Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

16lb packer

Options
So I have gotten tons of great ideas and recipes here over the past year of cooking on my lg egg... So thnks to all for that. I smoked a 16lb brisket Friday night for some friends that were coming over saturday night. So I got the egg at a steady 250 and put the meat on about 7pm. I expected it to take about 19 hours. I checked the temp a few times during cook and it stuck at 250.  Saturday morning about 9:30 I checked the meat temp assuming it would be about 160.  Well I was wrong. It was already at 208.  So I was stressed out that I ruined this $100 dinner. I wrapped in foil and put in a cooler with towels. Luckily it held until dinner at 6. It turned out pretty good. Not Franklin quality but I was told it would feed about 20 people but 10 adults and 10 little kids almost finished it.  So it turned out good but I have to try again and do better. 

Comments